As a scientist, I like to see data... as Deming says "In God we trust, all other must bring data"
We know that dielectric compound is good at keeping crap out but my concern is that it is an electrical insulator. It use relies on the physical scraping to remove the insulator film down to the bare metal. There are certain compounds that can conduct electricity when between two contacts in close proximity. I believe Stabilant 22A was one of the first to be patient for this type of use. LMK, if you want to see the patient. The Doxit family also contains these electrical enhancers, It has been started that the Stabilent needs to be reapplied after disconnection while the Caig products do not need reapplication. Mr Bucar suggest a while back that I switch from Stabilent to Deoxit D5 as it both cleans the contact and provides the desired electrical enhancement.
I have had issues with the electrical connection at the AC low pressure cutoff switch for 3 or 4 years now, wiggle the connection and the AC turns on the off. I have attempted to clean several ways such as 600 wet/dry paper etc and used dielectric compound on the connections. I was fighting with it yesterday not working and decided to clean out the goop, sprayed the connections with D5 and we are back to life. I wiggled the connection around and the AC continued to work.
While this is not a scientifically designed experiment it is a data point. Time will tell if this is indeed a valid data point, if the connection fails I will update the post.
I just wanted to post this positive experience.