Thread: SMEC cal for 88 TII on an Ostrich

SMEC cal for 88 TII on an Ostrich

Hey guys, trying to burn a cal to an Ostrich and for some reason it isn't being recognized or more specifically, it isn't working. I did confirm the Ostrich can take a cal by flashing one for my Lancer. Also verified the cable by ohming each pin, but I guess a bad wire could cause an issue.

We were working from the 89 cal since there isn't a turbonator 88 cal I have found. Is there an 88 cal somewhere available or is there something uniqtyou have to do when flashing the cal to the Ostrich? I tried through MPTune and directly with the EMUtility and did not have any luck with either. Also confirmed the cable orientation.

Can someone provide some direction or let me know if there is something I may have missed?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: SMEC cal for 88 TII on an Ostrich

yes you use 89 stuff for all smec's if you want turbonator features.

not sure why its not working. did it run the lancer?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Well the flash of an LM cal to the Ostrich worked, but I didn't have a second SMEC car to confirm if it is the SMEC. Haven't ruled out the cable or a bad SMEC, but wasn't sure if I needed to use a different base cal or not and this confirms that. Now just need to confirm the SMEC and/or cable.

Kinda on a side note, where do you make changes to pumping efficiency, spark advance, etc., with a SMEC? The cal I was reading had 100 entries with just linear value selections and only a few actual graphs. Never done a cal for a SMEC so unfamiliar territory.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Kinda on a side note, where do you make changes to pumping efficiency, spark advance, etc., with a SMEC? The cal I was reading had 100 entries with just linear value selections and only a few actual graphs. Never done a cal for a SMEC so unfamiliar territory.

Start with the V19.6 codes even if you plan to use 2 bar map with stock injectors.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...-SMEC-codebase

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah start with turbonator 19.6. when you load whats closest to your setup into MPTune, it should be layed out similar to the turbonator LM stuff.

PumpingEfficiency is Fuel->Modifiers
    Spark tables are in Spark->Normal Advance.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Thank you guys, Harry for the link. It will be tested soon, but the base file is where I was messing up. This was the one I needed!