Thread: AWD Caliber SRT-4 using evo X parts.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

AWD Caliber SRT-4 using evo X parts.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: AWD Caliber SRT-4 using evo X parts.

That's pretty cool. I think they would have sold some of them if they economy wouldn't have shot craps right when these hit the market.

its what chrysler should have made.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    its what chrysler should have made.

Brian
    I was hoping the FWD model would sell well and then they would bring out an AWD model. Instead, they sold quite a few of them at half of sticker price just to move them.

while everyone seemed to love the neon SRT-4 immediately and they made way more than they expected to, it was like the exact opposite for the caliber srt-4..... except for the folks that bought them. they love them.

it would probably go over better nowadays with compact suv's being more popular..... except that it would still need to be AWD to be viable.

Brian

while everyone seemed to love the neon SRT-4 immediately and they made way more than they expected to, it was like the exact opposite for the caliber srt-4..... except for the folks that bought them. they love them.

it would probably go over better nowadays with compact suv's being more popular..... except that it would still need to be AWD to be viable.

Brian
    I agree. Then again, I think the Neon SRT4 could still sell.

yes the NSRT4 would still sell and they are being silly not selling a Dart GLH or something like that. they should offer a Dart GLH-R with AWD and like 400hp lol.

Brian

yes the NSRT4 would still sell and they are being silly not selling a Dart GLH or something like that. they should offer a Dart GLH-R with AWD and like 400hp lol.

Brian
    I think when you do reliable and cheap fun like the NSRT4, it's always going to be a gold mine. It's too easy to take it too far and go bust as they did with the Focus RS in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I think when you do reliable and cheap fun like the NSRT4, it's always going to be a gold mine. It's too easy to take it too far and go bust as they did with the Focus RS in my opinion.
    yeah to make a Dart GLH-R at 400hp and AWD it would be another Focus RS.... expensive.

it would be nice to have AWD available

Brian

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I had really hoped they would make a Dart SRT-4 or something like the GLH concept that they put together. I would have bought that! For now I still love my Caliber SRT-4 that I bought new in '09. It's hard to imagine that Chrysler will bother giving any attention to any car other than the Challenger/Chargers though. At least for the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I had really hoped they would make a Dart SRT-4 or something like the GLH concept that they put together. I would have bought that! For now I still love my Caliber SRT-4 that I bought new in '09. It's hard to imagine that Chrysler will bother giving any attention to any car other than the Challenger/Chargers though. At least for the next five years.
    The Challenger outsold the mustang in the 4th quarter of 19 from what I read today. No doubt they'll ignore everything else for a while after that.