Thread: calculated boost tables

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

calculated boost tables

I was looking at the tables the other day and and copied and pasted one cell onto another. It appeared as a blue box with a negative pressure number that I had no idea why that displayed...so I reset the page. Some questions
    1. What does that number indicate.
    2.Can cut and paste be used to change timing in a specific cell.
    3. What are the ramifications of changing that one cell, does it change only that cell or do others become involved?
    4. If this does work is it the preferred method of fine tuning spark.

Thanks!
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: calculated boost tables

what table and what are you doing?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I am trying to find out answers to the questions I asked, because instructions for the app dont exist. On a different subject of interest to you I changed the settings in my LM to emulate the ones in the smec. I added a little pumping efficiency above 4500 rpm and the car runs stronger than it did right after the dyno but I'm only at 15 psi. I'm going back to the dyno soon as possible to tune fuel and raise the boost if possible. There is more to the story but for right now let's say my timing was messed up because of not enough understanding.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i dont know what table you are working with when you say you are copying and pasting values.

you say "calculated" tables so i wonder if you mean the FullThrottleTotalTiming or PartThrottleTotalTiming in the CalculatedTables section.

those two tables dont run the car at all. they are there to show you a visual representation of the end result of all the other timing tables.

the car actually runs off of AdvanceFromMapWarmPart, AdvanceFromMapWarmFull and AdvanceFromRPM2 most of the time once warmed up. there are some other changes to the total timing value but those you really dont need to worry about.

for timing the ONLY tables you should be touching are AdvanceFromMapWarmFull, AdvanceFromMapWarmPart and AdvanceFromRPM2.

for fueling the ONLY tables you should be touching are PumpingEfficiency really. once PumpingEfficiency is correctly tuned, then you can make some small tweaks to FuelFullThrottle and FuelPartThrottle but you really shouldnt have to change much in there.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Brian, boost tables, full throttle total timing, and I see that you answered my question, i really just wanted to know what the tables did.