I’m looking for a bit of knowledge on how the 2.4T’s manage the relationship of boost and fuel pressure to assist in diagnosing some cut out issues I’m getting on my 07 GT 5 speed.

I know on the 2.2 / 2.5 turbos, the fuel pressure would increase during boost, but I’m uncertain as to the 2.4’s in the SRT4’s and Cruisers.
Do they increase fuel pressure via a diaphragm regulator, electronic regulator, fuel pump voltage increase, or injector pulse time to offset the increased fuel demands during boost?

I know these 2.4’s can be hard on plugs, wires, and coils and it’s possible it’s the source of my issues, but I hear a bit more pinging than I care for over 5psi.
Low RPM and boost brings the cutout on quicker than high RPM / boost conditions (still shows up though, not as harsh) so I’m leaning towards fuel, but I’ve been wrong before...

I’ll be replacing plugs and wires (rpld at 57K) as I’m at 150K now so I’m sure they’re needed. So either way those will be swapped, but my gut tells me it’s fuel.

Thanks in advance...

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk