Hi -

I was referred here from over at Turbo-Dodge for a SMEC programming question. Chromguy thought there was a chance someone here may know the answer I'm looking for offhand.

I have an 89 LeBaron Conv, 2.5L, Turbo, Auto, CA emissions. I was troubleshooting a potential issue with my SMEC and in that process noticed that my vehicle has SMEC part 5235141. Turns out that is a SMEC from an A-body (89 Dodge Spirit) also 2.5T, auto, CA emissions. The correct part in my vehicle is 5235101 (same part as in Daytona and Shadow of same year.)

I had asked over there if anyone knew, at a high level, what the difference was between these two part numbers - I assume it's tuned slightly differently, but wasn't sure how. I was trying to figure out if it was worth the effort to track down the exact correct SMEC, or if I should just work with what I have. He directed me to the MPTuner software, which I loaded (and it's really cool), but just for me to figure out what the difference is between two programs I'd have a pretty hefty learning curve ahead of me, especially if someone here just happened to have an idea. So I was hoping someone may be able to help out if it was something you knew.

Thanks in advance!