OK, so some time ago there was a group buy for tubular, chromoly control arms. I was fortunate enough to be able to get in on that and got a set. I *FINALLY* got around to installing them on a car this past week! It wasn't a horrible process. It only required a little bit of mechanical massaging for a mostly trouble free fit and I did have to go source some Grade 8 hardware because the stock bolts don't fit through the Heim joints or the included spacers. No biggie (1/2" x 4" BTW, for those that might still have some of these laying around).

Now, I am running these on a stock K-frame (I was never able to scrounge the funds up to get a Slowe one when he was still making them *HINT*) and the instructions indicate that for this case there's a particular orientation for the included spacers. I followed that, BUT...the left front wheel is pushed forward enough in the wheel well that the tire interferes with the front fender well and splash shield.

Now, I've had this issue before, but it's always been on the passenger's side and it was always using the cast control arms on a pre-'91 car. Changing back to the stamped arms solved the issue both times I've had it. Being as these are hand made from the same template, I have no reason to believe that the arm itself is the problem in this case.

My plan right now is:
measure the wheel base from left to right
measure the K-frame to make sure it's square in the car

My options that I've given serious consideration to are:
wallow out the holes in the K-frame and push it back to where it needs to be
make different spacers to alter the position of the control arm

I'm open to thoughts, suggestions, personal experience...