Thread: 89 CSX-VNT, 91 R/T FS, Maryland

Garrett booster

89 CSX-VNT, 91 R/T FS, Maryland

Well, the budget needs some cashflow so I reluctantly post these for sale. First, the driver...then, the gem.

1991 Spirit R/T, red, 130,xxx miles. Stock engine, good core plugs, no cracks, +20s, grainger, 2.5" exhaust with cat and no muffler (sounds great!), 18psi with a/f gauge in the green. Power driver seat, power locks and mirrors, manual windows. A/C complete but weak. All gauges work fine, A pillar has boost and a/f gauges. Alpine stereo, Boston Acoustics speakers. New OEM headlights (clear!) about 15k miles ago. Carrerra shocks and struts, Eibach springs, charcoal 16" pumpers, 2 sets of OEM red snowflakes. Non-original to the car but comes with it: Spirit ES headliner, overhead console and wiring harness (uncut). 2 spare (complete) sets of red Spirit R/T doors including DOHC moldings, plus one additional set of DOHC moldings in a box, one red R/T trunk and hood, one red R/T grille. Spare custom SBEC, but has intermittent loose connection so recommended for track only use. No rust on car. Slight rust on bottom of doors that's been sealed with POR-15. No rust visible on the exterior. VERY slight crinkle in passenger front fender at parking light. Paint is among the best I've seen, but starting to get some clearcoat lift on the drivers quarter panel. Assorted rock chips in hood. Grilles painted charcoal to match pumpers, looks like blacked out setup from '92 model. Runs great, no smoke, no codes, comes with NIB Cometic headgasket and ARP fasteners and NIB timing belt. *Available* to go with car - spare everything from the headgasket up: head (disassembled, complete, ready for porting), cam covers, intake/exhaust manifolds with sensors, injectors, throttle body, injector harness, turbocharger (free spinning, no play), cams and gears. $4500 for car and bodyparts; $5500 for all including head assembly. I won't sell the head until I sell the car (spare parts are good parts, right?).

....and the Gem - 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #135. Been in storage for a while so I'll have to check the mileage, but I think it's around 55k. One of 15 two option cars - it has Recaro seats that are in showroom condition (even the drivers bolster - they've always been covered with a towel when being driven), and still wearing the OEM Gatorbacks!!! (dried out and not much for handling, but they are excellent for showing). Fiberides are showroom fresh (hell, the tires have never been off!) as are all ground effects... The whole car is literally perfect. For those who have been around for a while, I originally bought the car from Roger Crawford. It has been in Motor Trend (have the article) and is fully documented. Autographed by Carroll Shelby at Virginia International Raceway in 2001. Engine is a 1987 tII from a Shelby Z - the original motor (included with the car as a block/crank/pan combination) lost a piston due to a bad cal and too much knock, eroding the side of a piston and causing blowby. Bores will clean up with a light hone (I think it was #3). Head is a ported/polished bathtub head with high lift springs, MP cam, and S60 VNT. Intake is ported, polished, ceramic coated (Ed Peters) with a 58mm TB. The bigger VNT and intake combo needs some tweaking as it comes on late and HARD, but a couple adjustments to the stock cal (or a new cal) would take care of it. I can include a stock VNT25 core and black t2/t4 intake with the car in the name of restoring it with the original engine (it still has the OEM vacuum harness). I would have everything sorted out, but the car has been in indoor storage for years and I haven't had time to mess with it. The car has an Exotic Red bulge hood on it with CSX decal and "VNT Intercooled" decals on the bulge; the OEM hood in excellent condition goes with the car. Every single Shelby item is intact, correct, and in perfect condition. For those who want to make it a driver, I will include a set of four bare 6.5" crab wheels painted gold to match the car. Comes with documentation and custom fit car cover (indoor). The closest thing to a "problem" with the car is that the headliner is starting to sag in the back. The car also has a correct date-coded battery, plug wires, and accessory belts (yes, Roger was a bit of a stickler). The other non-stock item on the car is the full 2.5" exhaust with cat and bullet muffler, and a BOV mounted under the battery tray in the lower IC hose. I think I have a stock original exhaust system in the garage for it, too. nadaguides.com shows value for an 89 CSX-VNT with recaros to be $12,443. Since the original engine is out of the car and the headliner is starting to droop - $10,500 FIRM on this one. Photos can be taken for serious parties. In all seriousness...this car could go in a museum. It's that good.

Email me at racer-x@erols.com if you are interested in either car. Both are in Maryland - the R/T in Frederick and the CSX in Hagerstown. We've also got a 90 Daytona Shelby VNT for sale - $1800/bo, has fresh headgasket but needs paint.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: 89 CSX-VNT, 91 R/T FS, Maryland

Pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

I need an email address....or some help getting the forum to let me post attachments

JT - the R/T is one of the nicest red ones I've seen and the CSX is a showpiece. I've known Joe for a hell of a long time and is a great guy to deal with if you're interested.

Joe..email the pics to me and I'll post them for you.

Pat

Garrett booster

Thanks for the plug Pat - pics are on the way

...am I missing something simple, or do you have to be a certain level of member to post?

send me pics of the rt to munozj001@hotmail.com.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racer-xerols View Post
    Thanks for the plug Pat - pics are on the way

...am I missing something simple, or do you have to be a certain level of member to post?

Yes, you have to be a member, its $10 for the year. Another option is www.photobucket.com
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Yeah....I've seen them,....and....YEAH, they're both sweeeeeet!!

for a kick --- deal!

T

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

The CSX is unbelieveable. If I had the space and $ I would love to have it, but I can't bring myself to part with anything.

The R/T is very nice too. It has charcoal colored pumpers on it, which really set it off.

Hope these two go to good homes.

Garrett booster

pics sent to munozj

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munozj001 View Post
    send me pics of the rt to munozj001@hotmail.com.
    It would be nice to have a couple clean 4-doors in your garage

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.