Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fourplay how to

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Fourplay how to

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    i have not tested the 28c010 to see if it is compatible with the existing boost button flash routines. i think miles indicated in an earlier post that the BB 4play cannot be flashed other than using a chip burner(?).
    . it appears that on most of the ecus we are looking at that the a15 address line is not used purely as an address line but as a chip enable toggle. miles will have to confirm/clarify that.
    Rob L has documented the programming of the 28C010 FourPlay. You turn the switch to the position you want to write or read. MPTune programs the 32K space selected. I have not tested the 28C010 FourPlay as we are interested in the newer and faster 39SF010 but also should work as Morris described above.
    The A15 conversation is confusing but let me give it a try. Normally we use an 27C256 EPROM at 32K with no A15 pin. Let try a larger chip such as 27C512 has an A15 at pin#1. This is the 16th address line on the 27C512 and toggles either the lower or upper 256 of the chip (using 0 or 1). each 256 is 32K. If we had an on or off switch on this A15 line we could switch from the lower to upper 32K at the turn of a switch. This is a DualPlay. Pretty cool Eh? What happen if you double the memory again....FourPlay

Now on the flash modules we have a control line on a PCB pin called A15 but does not connect to the EEPROM A15 so what give???

The simple explanation is the programming A15 have ZERO to do with the EEPROM A15. So lets forget about the EEPROM A15 for the reminder of this discussion.
    When we program or flash a chip we want the chip not to be enabled, so this is done with a special pin on the chip called Chip Enable or CE. This line is ultimately controlled by pin 35 on the ECU processor and sent to the flash board, If you lookup the pin name it is PD7/A15. Voila here is the name used. I would have named it PD7. https://neuron.eng.wayne.edu/auth/ec...s/image002.jpg

Thanks Morris for the hard work!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Hybrid booster

I figured it out a week ago, just didnt have time to post. tested and verified select switch to whichever calibration you're working on. same goes for The MPSciLink, just select the cal with the switch.

Excellent News
    Regards,
    Miles

Hybrid booster

Only other issue I'm having is trying to figure out why the display stays on even with ignition powered off. Unless this was intended to have 5v power to the display interrupted by a relay not sure why. the 5 volts is present at the same pin on any smec I plug into even with the stock chip still in place which is where the terminal marked 5v gets its feed from. i'll have to dig around, I dont have a dvom handy at the moment.

Hybrid booster

Hit send too soon, lol. The other thing im working on is a slightly reconfigured digiswitch board that allows the 7 segment display to be mounted separately from the board as well as the switch, not everyone wants to mount the display and switch in a gauge housing.

Quote Originally Posted by crusty shadow View Post
    Only other issue I'm having is trying to figure out why the display stays on even with ignition powered off. Unless this was intended to have 5v power to the display interrupted by a relay not sure why. the 5 volts is present at the same pin on any smec I plug into even with the stock chip still in place which is where the terminal marked 5v gets its feed from. i'll have to dig around, I dont have a dvom handy at the moment.
    Surprising that the EPROM is powered (from SMEC 5V), when the IGN is OFF. I have not tested my SMEC to see if my do this as well.
    SBEC ony turn on the EPROM 5V when IGN is ON.
    Regards,
    Miles

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Boost button Wiki pages aren't gone forever.
    There are plans to restore and house the information elsewhere. That is in process at the moment.
    Wowzer, and chromguy are involved with this, as possibly some folks from here. I can't remember what was decided if was going to be in the knowledge center. I think it needed to be hosted elsewhere.
    If you can be patient it should be worthwhile.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    I'd be willing to host the Wiki pages, if there is a need to host them somewhere.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_III View Post
    I'd be willing to host the Wiki pages, if there is a need to host them somewhere.
    Not sure where we are with this. But this info needs to be in the knowledge center or somewhere for future access.
    There has always been new people interested in tuning, and for now that information is all we really have until someone develops it further.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345