Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happens , ..GT3082 on stock TII

Mitsu booster

Re: what happens , ..GT3082 on stock TII

Wow. That was a lot to digest. To answer the initial question.

1. The car will run like crap with the big turbo on the stock engine. End of story. If you want to use it for mock up, put an empty block and a head in the car with manifolds etc and build off that for charge pipes etc.

2. no sense trying to learn to tune on a combination that will never run properly?

3. as others have said, the 3082 is Just not a good combo for our engines. a 3071 is ideal for a 2.2 road race car. It will make your goal number when turned up and spool fast when coming out of a corner. 3076 would be ok too but will spool slightly slower.
    If you want maximize the efficiency of any of these turbos, whatever one you order should have a v-band flange hot side Plummed directly to a 3.5” down pipe and use the supplied boss on the TU header for a external wastegate. No more swing valves disrupting flow and causing boost control issues.

4. As others have said, considering your goals, you are realistically adding quite a bit of complexity to the build especially intake wise. The established currently available intake setups will allow you to reach your goals without reinvention.

Good luck.

turbo addict

Re: what happens , ..GT3082 on stock TII

thanks for the input,

question was really would I have issues with big turbo , stock motor simply driving it to the paint or alignment shop as I build the car

I don't need a proper functioning "turbo car" to do only that as I build the car

I have the lengal plenum TB and fuel rail , for now and a TU manifold & one of Shadow's big swing valves / exh housings

my charger has approx 28 000 miles but I see the ncb motor & trans as expendables

just what I need to first make all the induction ? exhaust parts fit the car

then swap on my "built head" when done and start tuning on "that"

still with a bottom end I don't care about burning to the ground

saves the cash spend for the built bottom being spent twice
    (long history of already doing that 6 times)

I ask as it's a part of the building process
    I appreciate the alternate suggestions and advice greatly , thanks

my own intake idea has a few thoughts behind it
    first I can create a better flowing , MUCH shorter intake tract

and those specific Jenvey throttle bodies have a location for fuel injectors

so idea originally was to mod a two piece bottom by welding on a pair of weber side draft flanges
    this gives me two fuel injector locations on each intake runner

a 2 or 4 play ecu mod and a second fuel tank/pump ..N you might figure I was thinking a lot of "track prep" could be accomplished with a couple of switches on the dash...

it's 45 to an hour to get to "Mosport" from my door

though at this point I'd have to think just fabbing two little intake manifolds would be even better

the DC weber manifolds hit the TU manifold so they won't work but demonstrate exactly what will
    (have some obviously)
    if I used the factory turbo ex manifold , "this" would simply bolt together ..
    ya all might wanna know that ..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12