Thread: 91 daytona analog cluster pinout

Garrett booster

91 daytona analog cluster pinout

Just wanted to know if anyone had this pinout and could share it. I have some idea`s and didnt know if they would work.The pinout would give me a good idea if it would work.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

Re: 91 daytona analog cluster pinout

I can get what is on AllData which is supposed to be from the FSMs.

Garrett booster

Well i was basicly trying to figure out how hard it would be to use a 91 instrument cluster in a 85 daytona.I read here on the forum someone did it with a digital one.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...139#post414139

I think physical size and shape is going to be the deciding factor. I tried years ago to fit an early (1984-86) Daytona/Laser digital cluster in place of my 1985 Lebaron digital cluster. In this case, connections were the same, size and shape not. From what I remember, the G body and J body share a cluster style and size, but there are "generational" changes. 1984-86, first gen, 1987-89 second gen shared with J body. Both of these are rectangular in basic shape. 1991 up are rounded as the cluster sits in a pod with lights, wipers and on some turn signal switches around the upper perimeter.

I would see if you can fit it in the opening and mount it before dealing with the electrical portion.

Looking at your link, he did the same thing I am doing on my 1986 Lebaron convertible, changed the entire dash to a later style.

Garrett booster

I should clarify what i meant. I have a 91 dash and interior wanted to see how hard it would be to install it in a 85 and have the instrumentation work.I know there is going to be some wire splicing but i didnt know if it would work with the difference in computers.My dash is not digital so i figured it might be alittle easyer.

Anything is possible I guess, just seems like alot of work. I like the 90up G body interior myself, but that's why I bought a 90 G body lol. Really if it was me I would use an aftermarket setup with a tablet and dongle plugged into the OBD port.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Garrett booster

I dont mind the second gen body styles but i really like the first gen the best, the 90 up interior it`s just cleaner looking. I would just swap out the wiring harness but the mice liked the way it tasted alittle to much.

Ok, so what you really need is what I did to install a 1989 J body dash in my 1986 Lebaron convertible. You need the side by side dash to body connections.

Body plugs for the 25 way multiple connector plugs on each end of the dash and the two 25 way "sockets" for lack of a better term on the 1991 dash ends.

One item you will run into, I did on mine, the later dash harnesses are "inverted" where the male 50 way plug is on the dash harness and the female portion is part of the underhood harness and comes through the firewall and is mounted on a brace from the back edge of the front wheel house to the cowl near the steering column/brake pedal support.

If you go to my thread "LeBaron Konvertible" you can see how I ran mine. I had the underhood harness from the 1989, which also includes the ignition switch plugs and brake light switch plug. I had started with the idea of building a double ended female connector so I could do the dash wiring that way. I ended up using the 89 underhood harness fairly well intact and adding my extra injector wires and changing the SMEC connectors to an SBEC connector.

turbo addict

You need the FSM for your car and the donor car. Yes, you will have a good bit of splicing to do. 1990 started a whole new wiring scheme for G/J-body cars that include a BCM (Body Control Module). Quite honestly, you're better off taking the entire wiring harness and swapping that over and simply changing some of the 50-way bulkhead pins as needed.

Garrett booster

Well the only problem`s i have using the 91 harness is mice ate the hell out of it and it was for a NA car with a automatic , mine is a turbo 5 speed.