Hey guys, I have been reading different threads in here for wheel options and most of what I read says 35mm offset for wide wheels is the best option.

I want to buy some 17x8 wheels for my Spirit but I have issues figuring out the offset. With the 35mm offset that most people say it's perfect, the online calculators say that the wheel will get 30mm farther out compared to the 15x6 40mm factory wheel.

I want the wheels to be 'flush' with the fenders, or even a few mm in, but I don't want the wheels be outside the fender, so I measured the distance between the lip of the front wheel and the fender and there's 10mm, my factory wheels are almost flush to the fender so I just can't understand how a 30mm farther out will make it perfect, it will stick out the fender.

Anybody know if I'm doing something wrong here or something I'm not considering/understanding? I plan on using 225/45 tires for those 17x8 wheels.

Also, this is completely stock, no lowering springs yet. Should I install them first and then measure again?

Thanks!