Thread: Super 60 computer.

boostaholic

Super 60 computer.

I bought a bunch of Super 60 parts in a package and got the mopar performance computer Super 60 for years 88-89. The problem is my car is a 91 and wont work for my car. Make offer

Garrett booster

Re: Super 60 computer.

Is it a "known good" computer or just a pig in the poke, that will determine offers--bobr19

boostaholic

The person I bought it from said it was good, but I never got to use it!

turbo addict

turbo 2 i asume??

boostaholic

I beleive so, it is the same one you can get on TU.comhttp://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...products_id=79

stole from tdg
    Mopar Performance Computers including the S-60 SMEC

All M.P. computer are re-manufactured units that have been reprogrammed for additional boost and raised map sensor cutoff. They do not have a raised rpm limit nor do they supply additional fuel (your stock computer supplies just as much fuel at 13 psi as a MP unit does).

Except for the the two "Shelby" L.M.'s none are CARB (California Air Research Board) emissions exempt- As a matter of fact some have no O2 feedback at idle and run quite rich at idle! The non-CARB exempt units seem to have random programming at times- people have reported no problems at idle using one while others had to swap back to a stocker to pass state emission testing. (I have seen this in several units, we have emission testing here in the Northeast)

The S-60 unit is a 88-89 SMEC that has been calibrated for 52 pph injectors & 28 psi General Motors MAP sensor. (GM part number 16040749) Stock Turbo I injectors flow 27 pph and stock Turbo II & the 2.5 Turbo I injectors flow 33 pph. Important things to remember before moving on-

1) GM map sensor WILL NOT WORK with any other SMEC besides the S-60 unit.
    2) 52 pph injectors will not just "drop in" and work with any stock SMEC either.
    3) This is a 89 Turbo Trams-Am part- it is NOT the same as a Grand National.

Remember the Chrysler electronics are built around a "speed density" system- they have some room for corrections but not enough if things get to far out of spec! The S-60 package is based around a certain cylinder head, cam, intake, turbo, intercooler combination. It makes 300 crank hp at 18 psi of boost. (Stock Turbo II is 174 hp at 12 psi, Turbo III's however make 224 hp at 10-11 psi) You can run a S-60 computer around in a stock combo but it will be very, very rich- Speaking of rich, guess what? S-60 has NO O2 feedback AT ALL. Not at cruise nor idle, it was considered a race only package so the O2 software was left out. So if your engine package is a little out of spec the computer has no way to compensate and will be rich.

Another feature of the S-60 SMEC which is unique is a dual boost setting- grounding one of the pins going into the SMEC switches the boost from 14 psi to 18. The S-60 SMEC has been internally modified for this feature.

The boost cutoff point for the S-60 computer is 22 psi. The 52 pph injectors cannot support hp levels over that point. (approximately 320-340 hp at stock fuel pressure settings

boostaholic

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

bid: $50

I would give you $75 plus shipping as long as there are no cracks in the case

Chuck Green

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

PM'd you

boostaholic

Sold!