Thread: SDAC 29 BS Thread

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

SDAC 29 BS Thread

The other thread is already getting off topic to an extent, so I'll start this one as to not receive PMs about my posts this year. I'm way ahead of the game on this one.

To recap from the other thread, it is resolved:

1. If you bring a car, you must enter it in the car show.
    2. There are a ton of people and cars who either haven't been in a long time, or have never been.

This is shaping up to be one for the books. I had a great time at this venue last time we were there. I can almost guarantee record high temps now that we're having the show at the hotel though. Murphy's law... I don't know that he's making it this year, is he?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Re: SDAC 29 BS Thread

We've only had a couple days in the 70's so far this spring. It doesn't really mean anything as far a predicting the weather a month from now, but be prepared for anything.
    Bring a snow brush...

Other than the little amount of rain we had last time, the weather was amazing. IIRC, I needed a jacket every evening. It was awesome.

Who is actually bringing something to the swap meet this year? I don't plan on bringing anything out unless someone has some requests. I do have some one piece intake stuff and stock intercoolers which could be had for cheap. Anyone need pizza wheels? I think I might have some other styles too if anyone is interested. Perhaps some 16" pumpers or maybe some Crab wheels? I could look. I also have a very small selection of 600 stuff that I'll never use, and won't need until I sell or give this stuff away only to buy a 600 two weeks later.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Who is actually bringing something to the swap meet this year? I don't plan on bringing anything out unless someone has some requests. I do have some one piece intake stuff and stock intercoolers which could be had for cheap. Anyone need pizza wheels? I think I might have some other styles too if anyone is interested. Perhaps some 16" pumpers or maybe some Crab wheels? I could look. I also have a very small selection of 600 stuff that I'll never use, and won't need until I sell or give this stuff away only to buy a 600 two weeks later.
    I’d be interested in the 16 inch pumpers, two of them on my car have some curb rash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cordes, I know you're not on Facebook, but there's been a SDAC 29 Pre-Swap page up for a couple months. Most sales are happening there and being delivered to SDAC.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1748177468598504/

Quote Originally Posted by 90vnt View Post
    I’d be interested in the 16 inch pumpers, two of them on my car have some curb rash.

Which side do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    Cordes, I know you're not on Facebook, but there's been a SDAC 29 Pre-Swap page up for a couple months. Most sales are happening there and being delivered to SDAC.
    Thanks for that link. My wife has the facebooks, so I'll try to check it out with her deal.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

My flight is booked, my room is booked, I've prereged, and my rental SRT4 is booked I would say nothing can stop me now but if I say that...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I'm out. Work has got me lock stop and barrel. Getting parts for my Caliber repair project has been like pulling teeth. I don't have anybody that could realistically take care of my dogs due to my fence situation. It never ends. I think the last time I left city limits was like two years ago when I bought the gold GLH. I've been driving it to work and that is nice at least.

I'm still undecided...

Quote Originally Posted by 90vnt View Post

Sorry to hear it. I was pretty pumped about you coming out again.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm out. Work has got me lock stop and barrel. Getting parts for my Caliber repair project has been like pulling teeth. I don't have anybody that could realistically take care of my dogs due to my fence situation. It never ends. I think the last time I left city limits was like two years ago when I bought the gold GLH. I've been driving it to work and that is nice at least.
    I'm still undecided...
    Seriously?

Keep ‘em guessing

Keep ‘em guessing
    Good call. Although, nothing beats when Dusty Duster was seriously debating his attendance while living in the host city. I still laugh at Mike's reply to him in that thread.

turbo addict

I'm only going to make it over Monday around noon, stay Monday night and drag race Tuesday (bringing the 06 PT GT though) At least I get to come. It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday so we have a big party for them. Looking forward to some racin!!
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Garrett booster

Does anyone have an extra room reserved at the Alpine Valley Resort that they will not need that they are still holding???? Spoke with Marty at the Resort desk and stated they are totally booked. Coming in from the Buckeye Chapter from Cleveland. Will need one room for 3 people. PLEASE PM me ASAP. Thanks! We were told the Club only blocked out 20 rooms?????? I tried booking this last Sunday.