Thread: My 13 Dodge Avenger

Hybrid booster

My 13 Dodge Avenger

Man, I love this car! No turbo, but an N/A V6 that's putting out about 300 hp. Lots of fun!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: My 13 Dodge Avenger

Post a pic or two. Is that with the Pentastar V6? I've heard they are great engines. I always liked those cars and I think Johnny at PolyBushings.com has/had one too.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Post a pic or two. Is that with the Pentastar V6? I've heard they are great engines. I always liked those cars and I think Johnny at PolyBushings.com has/had one too.
    Sorry, I have no idea how to post picts. Yes it is with the Pentastar V6, which is a very punchy engine. Johnny does have one, too.

turbo addict

re pics
    see the "go advanced" button below the post box ? - click on it

type your message and scroll down to manage attachments - click on that

now the attachment box should come up

click "add new picture " - top right of the attachment box

click choose to get to your pics in your computer
    select file then the pic

click "upload" also top right of attachment box

then click done , bottom right of attachment box

once you see the attachment's info , scroll down to the last submit post button and click on it

- note IF there is a submit post button ABOVE the Manage Attachments butto , don't use it -- go down to the submit button below manage attachments - or else your attachment will not be attached

That is how I do it. I think that might only work if you are a paying member here. I'm not sure though. It should be easier though.

I once helped my brother turbocharge a '91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with a 3.1L V6. He used factory parts from the '89-90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix. It is amazing how far things have come. I think it dyno'd about 240 HP and 300 lb ft torque. He used a grainger valve controller to get the little T25 turbo up to 12 psi boost. It was a hoot. He converted it to a manual trans as well. Good Times. You gotta wonder what that Pentastar would do with a supercharger or turbo.

Hybrid booster

That is how I do it. I think that might only work if you are a paying member here. I'm not sure though. It should be easier though.

I once helped my brother turbocharge a '91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with a 3.1L V6. He used factory parts from the '89-90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix. It is amazing how far things have come. I think it dyno'd about 240 HP and 300 lb ft torque. He used a grainger valve controller to get the little T25 turbo up to 12 psi boost. It was a hoot. He converted it to a manual trans as well. Good Times. You gotta wonder what that Pentastar would do with a supercharger or turbo.
    Hi Jeremy,

I've come across posts about your brother's Oldsmobile. Sounds like it was a hoot. My first new car was an 87 Cavalier Z24, 2.8 V6 with a 5 speed. Totally fun car.
    I've pondered what the Pentastar would be like with a blower or turbo, and there are kits available for the RWD Pentastar equipped vehicles. But on the Avenger there is no room to run a blower drive, and a turbo set up would all have to be custom fabbed. And then there are issues with the transaxle being weak. So I guess I'll just have to be happy with bolt ons and build the hell out of my Spirit.

The GM 60-degree V6 engines were fun when they had some huff behind them for sure (2.8L, 3.1) etc. I've seen Pentastar supercharger upgrades for the Jeeps and 300, but not for the Avenger/200. Must be a packaging thing. But yeah, it would probably destroy my Shelby Lancer 16v on the street as-is!

Hybrid booster

The GM 60-degree V6 engines were fun when they had some huff behind them for sure (2.8L, 3.1) etc. I've seen Pentastar supercharger upgrades for the Jeeps and 300, but not for the Avenger/200. Must be a packaging thing. But yeah, it would probably destroy my Shelby Lancer 16v on the street as-is!
    The 3.6 is def a cool, world class engine. There are versions of it being used in Maseratis. But the packaging in an Avenger or 200 eliminates a supercharger set up, and a turbo would be all custom fab and then you're looking at the weak 6 speed tranny. Mine is fully bolt on equipped and all I'm waiting on is a good tune. The guy I've been dealing with has screwed me in the respect that he hasn't unlocked the top speed limiter, and I'm sick of hitting a wall at 118 mph.