I have been posting my progress over on Facebook in the support group, but I thought I should share this with the community that supports these cars. I wanted to take what the team that developed the MPSciLink product and take it to the next level. I have a 1992 Dodge Daytona. I did some research and discovered that the 3.5" Nextion touchscreen that they were offering would fit very well into the lower center storage bin in my car.
So I set about with a concept and modeled up the lower storage bin, 3.5" touchscreen, a couple of rocker switches and some other components that I used for another auxiliary project.
Here is that concept:

So then I set about making some templates on paper to check fitment.

Also, once I received the device, I started playing with it and learning the possibilities.

I did some more mock-up along the way.

I decided that I wanted to add 4 external sensors to the system:
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Oil Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT).
I set out and chose some sensors and I did all the testing to verify that my data was accurate and repeatable.

I built an EGT amplifier to convert the Type k output to a 0-5V input that the MPSciLink can read and record.

I built the front plate with nothing more than a template and some simple hand tools. Here are a couple photos of test fitting the front beauty plate.

I attached the displays to the plate, then added the switches and wired up everything inside, I would test all connections and operations at all steps to ensure that I wouldn't find a bug later on.

I built some disconnect plugs so the device is easy to disconnect from the car when something fails.

Final test fit.

I wanted to write this up so others can get an idea on how to mount the MPSciLink display. I wanted something that looked as close to OEM as I could build. I dont have a lot of money in this, it just took at lot of my time. I hope this gives others an idea of what is possible.

Side Note: I did not talk at all about the Ethanol Content Display I developed at the same time. If there is interest, I could do a write up on that as well. There is nothing special going on there as well, everything required is available online to duplicate, if you have the time and want. Also the two LED rocker switches are for another project too, I've been busy this winter working on electronic projects.