Thread: Deceleration RICH condition?

Hybrid View

Mitsu booster

Deceleration RICH condition?

Hey guys, So I have this tune basically where I want it, pulls strong up top, part throttle, I am still getting my idle and cruise misfire when below 12inHg of vacuum, AFR on wideband doesn't seem to pick it up fast enough, if that makes sense, But I am starting to think its a RICH misfire, however on deceleration the car seems to actually get richer, rather than lean out and do the gurgle/popping, my question is in MPTune, what tables exactly control the deceleration fuel shutoff? it runs rich on decel and then sometimes it stalls, sometimes not but I believe it to be loading up on fuel causing it to stall, cause it usually has a rich fuel smell at a stop, I have verified that VSS is reporting correctly via scan tool, and O2 feedback is normal. Sometimes at idle it also will oscillate between 11.5-15.5 and usually have to blip the throttle to put it back in its place, but that doesn't always work either. I have a couple videos I can post if I can figure it out, otherwise ill just upload to youtube and post the link. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

turbo addict

Re: Deceleration RICH condition?

FuelBaselineFromMap is used when no throttle is applied.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    FuelBaselineFromMap is used when no throttle is applied.
    checked out my cal in that section, it pretty much looks like the stage IV maps and most of the TSMEC cals, so I guess it must be something else?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89CaravanFan View Post
    checked out my cal in that section, it pretty much looks like the stage IV maps and most of the TSMEC cals, so I guess it must be something else?
    Why not just adjust your cal and see what happens?

turbo addict

yep, I was able to tune that table to shut the fuel completely off above a certain vac level. Takes all the popping on Decel out which even though I liked it made the car more stealthy, gave it slightly better engine braking and a slight fuel savings. It'd keep the injector pulse width at zero until about 1300rpms on decel when the vac would rise enough to turn the fuel injectors back on.