Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile times

1/4 mile times

I finished the season with a 13.00 @ 105 with my charger. Over the winter I will be installing a super 60 turbo. So I can't wait to see what it does with my new custom TU cal and turbo setup. If I don't hit 12.5 I wil have to bust out the nitrous.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: 1/4 mile times

good luck dude. we'll do some datalogging with the wideband to make sure things are on the up and up. we also can really turn it up and use some slicks for some simulated dyno pulls on a backroad by my house.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

What's the setup in your car? What kind of boost?

If I can ever get around to messing with my car, I'm hoping to run low 11's. I still have a ton of bugs to work out with the car. I'm pleased how it runs considering what little tuning I've done.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

We will have a database for timeslips within a reasonable amount of time. Only so much we could de-bug in 2 weeks.

Man.. I miss driving a 100mph 1/4 capable car. Everything feels like a slug now

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592
    What's the setup in your car? What kind of boost?

If I can ever get around to messing with my car, I'm hoping to run low 11's. I still have a ton of bugs to work out with the car. I'm pleased how it runs considering what little tuning I've done.

I have a 2.5 boared .020 over with coated venolia pistons, no balance shafts, back cut valves, ported exhaust manifold, quickspool tII turbo, spearco intercooler, +40 injectors and 3 bar map. I was running about 19 psi with brian's Relentless cal from his car. It was still rich and I think my EGTs were only 1425. I know it has more in it but I am going with the s60 turbo anyway. I just got my TU custom cal and I plan on running 25 PSI. So a 12.5 should be well within my reach.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN
    We will have a database for timeslips within a reasonable amount of time. Only so much we could de-bug in 2 weeks.

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by slasky
    I have a 2.5 boared .020 over with coated venolia pistons, no balance shafts, back cut valves, ported exhaust manifold, quickspool tII turbo, spearco intercooler, +40 injectors and 3 bar map. I was running about 19 psi with brian's Relentless cal from his car. It was still rich and I think my EGTs were only 1425. I know it has more in it but I am going with the s60 turbo anyway. I just got my TU custom cal and I plan on running 25 PSI. So a 12.5 should be well within my reach.
    12.5 is very do-able with that setup, a super 60 turbo, and a cal which is built for your car. You'll probably go faster than that on 25 psi. Heck, I'm going 12.5 with 15-16 psi.

Ken - Never mind a 100 mph 1/4 capable car...try daily driving a car that is not capable of 100 mph period! Enter my '02 Neon automatic!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sfed4
    Ken - Never mind a 100 mph 1/4 capable car...try daily driving a car that is not capable of 100 mph period! Enter my '02 Neon automatic!
    Ouch, from a 500 whp street car to a 100 whp street car... nice transition Larry!

Aaron Miller

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Yo Larry!!!

boostaholic

I feel ya Larry...gotta love the 3 speeds!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves
    Ouch, from a 500 whp street car to a 100 whp street car... nice transition Larry!

Aaron Miller
    Aaron -I think you are far too generous with my Neon.....100 whp seems very kind of you It feels like about 50 with the A/C on!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Bar_Mopar
    I feel ya Larry...gotta love the 3 speeds!
    3BAR - I lucked out.....mien is the first year of that new fangled 4 speed electronic trans!

What a horrible choice of gears in this thing. When the car shifts to second it cant even get out of its own way....quite pathetic.

But hey! Its paid for, is under warranty for 60,000 miles, is decent on gas and commutes me back and forth to work cheaply. So, mission fullfilled!

Yo Larry!!!
    Sent you an email Ken. Well chat this week or weekend.

3BAR - I lucked out.....mien is the first year of that new fangled 4 speed electronic trans!

What a horrible choice of gears in this thing. When the car shifts to second it cant even get out of its own way....quite pathetic.

But hey! Its paid for, is under warranty for 60,000 miles, is decent on gas and commutes me back and forth to work cheaply. So, mission fullfilled!
    So SO you... always looking for the "econo" way... hell Larry, a 300whp TD will get you 32-35mpg on the highway.. WHAT an investment!!

nice work SLASKY sitting on a xxx.000 is a tuff one you gotta get to that next level.

"...We will have a database for timeslips within a reasonable amount of time...."

KEN glad to read this as i was just searching for your site's ET database.

when you do develop it, will you also include a datafield for race weight and the track run at as well as ET, 60 foot, MPH and vehicle type/engine setup/trany/tire type? i think all of that would be useful for us to learn from. looking forward to the feature. thanx.

I'll check into it..
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Good luck on the 12's. I also want to hit 12's, tired of trying, this will be year #3 and if I don't get them, Van will be???????
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

hey Larry! Whats up!

Kevin, Scott and I have pretty much the same setup minus the s60. that cal is rich on my car too cause I havent gotten it dialed in yet.... ive had it for a while. I now have a wideband to datalog so I can hopefully get Gary to send me a few chips with some changes. if not, its megasquirt for me.

his TU cal is nice so far though. i was just at his house and the cold start was real nice.

Scott, im telling you... "all of it" and some alky and you could see 11's

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Good luck on the 12's. I also want to hit 12's, tired of trying, this will be year #3 and if I don't get them, Van will be???????
    If you dont get it this year I'll have to go find you and kick you in the @??

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slasky
    I finished the season with a 13.00 @ 105 with my charger. Over the winter I will be installing a super 60 turbo. So I can't wait to see what it does with my new custom TU cal and turbo setup. If I don't hit 12.5 I will have to bust out the nitrous.
    Whatcha doing for traction? best 60'? 105 mph in a light charger is definitely high 12's territory...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast