I decided to change how I had my boost control hooked to vacuum. I was getting vacuum from a "T" on the intake manifold. (This "T" also is connected to the brake booster.)
Into this hose an I installed another "T" which has two more hoses attached to it, one of which goes to the mechanical wastegate control which continued to the waste gate can. The second hose went to the pcv which was attached to the valve cover spigot. As I thought it worked, vacuum closes the pcv and holds the wastegate closed at the same time. When boost gets high enough it opens the wastegate. I wondered if the pcv opening caused a poor signal at the can because boost is also pressurizing the crankcase.

I isolated my boost control directly to the spigot coming from the intake by the fuel rail, so it is on the same circuit as the map sensor, boost gauge and fuel pressure regulator. So I tested it this morning. Boost went to 14 psi, indicating to me that previous readings might be wrong because it never went hat high before but when it got to that point everything, apparently fuel and spark, abruptly quit. I figured, OK its going into over boost. I went back to my garage and changed the boost control to less spring pressure. tested again, same thing. I put the weakest spring in the boost control, screwed it way out for least pressure, same thing. Another condition was that I didn't have my laptop hooked up to the ostrich. That shouldn't make any difference, the tune is on the Ostrich but I went out hooked it up, tested, same thing. 12 psi...shutoff.
I verified that all vacuum lines were properly connected. Also the port on the "T" left open I capped with a rubber plug.

Maybe the control needs to be installed on the throttle body spigot. Should the boost control ball and seat be pointed at the wastegate can?
I'm stumped,
Jeff