Thread: Looking for a pair of nice Grey SE seats for an 89 Caravan Voyager and battery tray

Looking for a pair of nice Grey SE seats for an 89 Caravan Voyager and battery tray

The front seats in my van are shot, I'm looking for a nice pair of 89 Caravan or Voyager SE or I think the base model vans had the same seats in grey. I also need a battery tray for a first gen van. I'm in Springfield Missouri, but I'm willing to travel for a nice set of seats. I'd also consider a complete interior from a short wheelbase grey LE/LX/ES van.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Re: Looking for a pair of nice Grey SE seats for an 89 Caravan Voyager and battery tr

You can use seats from a much newer van and the are more comfortable. Modifying the base is needed but easy. I have done it twice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seatsgrey.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	428.1 KB 
ID:	63960  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Re: Looking for a pair of nice Grey SE seats for an 89 Caravan Voyager and battery tr

The best are PT Cruiser seats...here is how I made them fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTseats1.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	366.4 KB 
ID:	63961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTseats2.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	63962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTseats3.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	63963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTseats4.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	387.1 KB 
ID:	63964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTseats7.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	352.8 KB 
ID:	63965  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Thanks for the info, but I would like to find the correct seats for my van. I'm a bit OCD, and the color grey is not even close on the newer seats. Unfortunately my 89 van came with 90 front seats. I would even consider getting a rough pair of 89 seats recovered. First gen vans are getting impossible to find parts for. Not even the self service yards are getting them anymore.

boostaholic

i have spirit rt seats...

Hybrid booster

daytona and shadow spirit seats fit too.

you could get some enthusiast seats recovered.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I would like to find the correct seats for my van. I'm a bit OCD, and the color grey is not even close on the newer seats. Unfortunately my 89 van came with 90 front seats. I would even consider getting a rough pair of 89 seats recovered. First gen vans are getting impossible to find parts for. Not even the self service yards are getting them anymore.
    If you are talking about those goofy front seat backs, some 89 vans had them too. My 89 Caravan has the what you refer to as the 89 style front seats that SE and base vans had. I have 2 friends that have the 90 style front seats in their van which they both own 89 vans, one is a Caravan and the other a Voyager.

turbo addict

between 89-90 chryslers dark charcoal grey became "quartz"
    the new colour quartz has much more brown tint in it and is somewhat lighter in shading

back in the 90's the dealers had the actual interior paint chrysler was using in the little rattle cans
    I've used dozens of the charcoal grey for different projects and when it was discontinued sometime around 96 I tried the quartz with great disappointment

in the 80's chrysler used two distinct shades of dark charcoal , the lighter shade beginning in 88 or 89
    I know 89 is the lighter one for sure .. never owned anything from 88 but my two 87 shelby z's had much darker charcoal grey parts than an 89

also
    there was a dark grey used in 87-9 lebarons
    looks like charcoal grey.. until you take the lebaron dash home and bolt in a turbo z .. eah nope
    it's grey , not charcoal

87 shelby z seats in charcoal leather are soooo dark compared to the 89's you would be surprised when side by side
    the 87's also have a sickly green cast in the colour of the leather

I think they managed to use 4 different "woodgrains" for interior trim too
    light , dark , high gloss and low gloss
    - never sorted that out ...

Update, I was able to purchase a complete 88 Voyager LE for the interior. The LE seats are so much better looking and feeling than the SE seats. I also really like how the 3rd row seat slides forward to give you more room in the hatch area. The original SE seat didn't have that function to it, and it made putting anything in the rear a real pain in the butt unless you took the rear seat out.