Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost another one

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: Lost another one

Quote Originally Posted by krut View Post
    What made you decide on a truck coolant?
    Yesterday at 5.30 in the morning while wandering through Walmart I noticed they sold Peak final charge. I have seen many good reviews of it and decided 'lets try it!'

The Zerex G05 I can agree with some findings that claim it breaks down and leaves crap behind over time. The price and availability also suck. Napa used to be the only game in town, Advance auto started selling it a couple years go and you can stack coupons and promo codes on it and bring the price down but it seems like they never have it in stock.

Conventional green has always worked but it seemed to get nasty sooner and with the Shadow being the last thing still using it I decided to end it.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Yesterday at 5.30 in the morning while wandering through Walmart I noticed they sold Peak final charge. I have seen many good reviews of it and decided 'lets try it!'

The Zerex G05 I can agree with some findings that claim it breaks down and leaves crap behind over time. The price and availability also suck. Napa used to be the only game in town, Advance auto started selling it a couple years go and you can stack coupons and promo codes on it and bring the price down but it seems like they never have it in stock.

Conventional green has always worked but it seemed to get nasty sooner and with the Shadow being the last thing still using it I decided to end it.
    Okay. I figured there was a good reason. I am planning to run the equivalent Shell / Cat ELC coolant myself. Mainly because we stock it by the pallet, and it's reasonably priced. (~$10/gallon) - 6.0 diesel guys swear it's superior to gold coolant / g05, etc. for the engine. I just don't know if there is a real reason *why* it's superior. We outsell the red coolant like 5 pallets to 1 green so we tend to have it sooner than green.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

I never run something like coolant until its 'worn out' because something else always fails and since our cooling systems only average 2.5 gallons at the fullest I just pour in some fresh and keep going. The G05 stuff will get nasty and cruddy over time... something my dad has a hard time understanding why his truck kept running hot and overheating. Knocked the tanks off the radiator core and that pos was clogged solid.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Hybrid booster

Gotcha. Keep in mind this stuff is rated to last ~600k miles as long as it stays in the cooling system (;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123