Thread: NO Welding Required for TU Exhaust Systems

NO Welding Required for TU Exhaust Systems

We recently added 304 Stainless Steel clamps that allows our customers to install TU Exhaust systems without welding. We have been testing these clamps for over a year now with no problems at all. The entire exhaust system can be removed, adjusted or re-installed at any time allowing better access to other items which might normally be obstructed by the exhaust system. Check them out at the link below:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=264
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304 SS Exhaust Clamps.jpg 
Views:	740 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	2303  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Re: NO Welding Required for TU Exhaust Systems

These things are awesome! I use two of them on my system, so my downpipe, mid section (to just above the axle), and the rear muffler section are all replaceable/removeable at any time with NO leaks!

I can even swap between a muffler or no muffler in a matter of minutes!

AM

^^^Now thats a plug if I have ever seen one!! This would come in very handy...great idea/product Chris.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SS Band Clamps rule, great for "test pipes"

Article here

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I'm down with my bad self Turbo Mopar Staff Mopar_Nutz's Avatar

Also great high up on the downpipe so you can change headgaskets and pull motors without worrying about those swingvave bolts
    Ian
    `88 Mercedes-Benz 300E - The daily
    `92 Spirit ES - 2.5TI/523 swapped
    `89 Lancer Shelby - 2.5TI/413 stock
    `87 Shelby Charger - 2.2 with a few things done
    `79 Bronco 4x4 - Everyone needs a 4x4
    `76 Duster - Future big block stroker
    www.FWDMopars.com

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

I love these clamps! Exactly what I plan to use on my new 3" exhaust!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by show-off View Post
    ^^^Now thats a plug if I have ever seen one!! This would come in very handy...great idea/product Chris.
    It would be more so had I gotten them from Chris. I did my exhaust setup on my car over 1.5 years ago so I had sourced the clamps from elsewhere... otherwise I definately would purchase from TU. I'd rather support them and our community than save a couple bucks here and there by buying from other places.

If everyone did this then you'd see a whole new world of TD dovelopment in my mind. Vendors would have far more capital to experiment and come up with brand new products... not just modified stock pieces.

AM

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    It would be more so had I gotten them from Chris. I did my exhaust setup on my car over 1.5 years ago so I had sourced the clamps from elsewhere... otherwise I definately would purchase from TU. I'd rather support them and our community than save a couple bucks here and there by buying from other places.

If everyone did this then you'd see a whole new world of TD dovelopment in my mind. Vendors would have far more capital to experiment and come up with brand new products... not just modified stock pieces.

AM
    Well put Aaron. We do still try to bring new TD products to the market each year, but, without the support of the community there are alot less of them that actualy make it to production. We have plenty of ideas in the works but without the capital to complete the R&D they will never see the pages of our website. Now, that's a shame.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

I've used these clamps for many years and they work great. They are the most reusable types, though they do stretch after being retightened a few dozen times. They are fine as long as they are always put back into the same position. Also, the fasteners are not stainless and will get very rusty. You can go to the hardware store and get stainless bolts for them, but try to fine some with fine pitch threads so that you can get some good clamping force.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Amen on that! Its like my BBQ grill.... stuff is stainless, but they dont use stainless screws or bolts... looks like arse!
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!