Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A413 31TH Alto Power Pack Red Eagle Frictions and Kolene Steels Group Buy

Garrett booster

Re: A413 31TH Alto Power Pack Red Eagle Frictions and Kolene Steels Group Buy

I would love to get them rolling, numbers will move things along. To make it work you have to make both drums, Ball park it $800-$1000 per drum.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I like the idea of making a part to use more commonly available wear components.

How about we move the discussion about manufacturing new parts to a new thread to keep this one about reproducing the Alto clutches.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I like the idea of making a part to use more commonly available wear components.

How about we move the discussion about manufacturing new parts to a new thread to keep this one about reproducing the Alto clutches.
    Considering either option will leave a "dead end" where you can't get more after the group buy, but billet drums lead to unending consumables. I have been harrassing Dakota about this and he keeps limping along his car on stuck stuff.

I really hate hoarding parts that cannot be replaced. I have a bunch of brass shift pads that I never want to use because I can't replace them

I do see how these clutches are a great opportunity...for a product it seems ridiculous they stopped making.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Lord knows I'm all for innovation and any improvement that results in less maintenance, but I also am a believer in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I remember Stephane aka "Frenchy" running 180MPH@ 8.teens with what I believe were modded stock clutch drums; maybe he was running some trick parts that were a secret Anybody know?

What did the factory Mopar team use? (Darrel Cox)…..were there already 904 drums made to fit the A413?
    So far I'm not having trouble with mine, (six alto red eagles with Koleno steels)but I'm not going 8's yet.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    Lord knows I'm all for innovation and any improvement that results in less maintenance, but I also am a believer in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I remember Stephane aka "Frenchy" running 180MPH@ 8.teens with what I believe were modded stock clutch drums; maybe he was running some trick parts that were a secret Anybody know?

What did the factory Mopar team use? (Darrel Cox)…..were there already 904 drums made to fit the A413?
    So far I'm not having trouble with mine, (six alto red eagles with Koleno steels)but I'm not going 8's yet.
    that's what I was thinking too. anybody who buys these will be very impressed and if you buy the 50/50 more than likely you'll never need any more.

for a $700 investment, in frictions and steels that should last you a lifetime, I don't think that's too terrible. much less you can sell the extra ones off if you don't need them for whatever price you decide.

And we all know you're sandbagging Warren, get that thing into the sevens and quit messing around!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

turbo addict

Dumb question, is each order $700 or is that for the entire group buy?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    DO NOT CONTACT ALTO!

THIS TOOK ME 2 MONTHS OF BACK AND FORTH WITH THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY AND THE VP OF SALES. I PROMISED THEM THEY WOULD NOT GET FLOODED WITH CALLS AND EMAILS. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR IT. THE DEAL IS READY, CONTACTING THEM FURTHER COULD AND PROBABLY WILL DERAIL THIS ORDER.

I have already contacted Alto and got pricing for a ONE-TIME production of the friction and steel power pack components. These are the known to be the best set that were available. Many of our top turbo mopars are using these. If they want to identify themselves with testimonials, I will leave that up to them.

This will be for the Red Eagle frictions and the Kolene treated steels with the Extra Fluid Holes. If you are unfamiliar with these, here is a description:

http://www.altousa.com/page/high_performance

This is for the front drum only. It allows for 6 frictions and 5 steels to be installed.

The pricing is $700. This will get you 50 frictions and 50 steels and does not include shipping.

Here is the direct email that I got. I am not making a dime on this. I just want to get them made.

"045740-155 .060” (1.55mm) Friction Disc Front PowerPack® Component
    Minimum order 1000 cost $8 each

045703HK155 .060” (1.55mm) Steel Plate Front PowerPack® Component
    Minimum order 1000 cost $6 each"

First 20 people on the list will get the parts. If you want more than one set, then fill your name in on the next available line. If you do not need 50 of each then you can sell them to your friends put them on eBay whatever, but this is how I'm doing the order to simplify things.

It will take 12-16 weeks after the money is collected and sent to get them produced.

Feel free to share this on the neon forums as well.

If there are any questions on topic, please private message me. Do not plug up this thread.

1. turboshelbys
    2. turboshelbys
    3. turboshelbys
    Read carefully

Hybrid booster

I have great news and a tiny bit of bad news. The great news is that Alto has agreed to reduce the production line to 500 of each piece. With that reduction the price increase went up $1 on each component.

Here is the email that I received.

"We can do 500 of each but I will need to raise the price $1 to $9 and $7.-

Let me know if this will work.-

We will need 50% deposit.-

I will need all your info to set up an account, assign a sales person, and send you a formal quotation so you can send the deposit.-

Let me know."

So this would bring your total commitment to $800. if that is a problem, let me know, and what we could possibly do, is to reduce the number of components to bring the price back closer to $700.

anybody who wants to get on the list needs to put their name on now, as I'm going to be collecting the money and getting the check out to Alto ASAP.

I am hoping to show them, that with this purchase, there is interest in these parts and hopefully they will reproduce more of the parts that we need.

Thanks to everyone

Hybrid booster

1. turboshelbys

2. turboshelbys

3. turboshelbys

4. A.J.

5. wheming

6. Max Headroom

7. turboshelbys

8. turboshelbys

1. turboshelbys

2. turboshelbys

3. turboshelbys

4. A.J.

5. wheming

6. Max Headroom

7. turboshelbys

8. turboshelbys

9. c2xejk

Hybrid booster

1. turboshelbys

2. turboshelbys

3. turboshelbys

4. A.J.

5. wheming

6. Max Headroom

7. turboshelbys

8. turboshelbys

9. c2xejk

10. onerippinturbo2

Hybrid booster

Stefan,
    -
    Great to talk to you today.
    As I mentioned over the phone, my name is Paulo Hoyer and I will be taking care of your account.
    Attached is the quote for the parts.
    To process the order, we will need a 50% deposit of the total $8,000.
    When you have a chance, if you could send a check for $4,000 to 1 Alto Way, Atmore, AL 36502.
    Please write on the envelope ATT: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE.
    Below is my contact information. In case you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.
    I am looking forward to working with you.
    -
    Regards,
    -
    Paulo Hoyer
    Alto Products Corp.
    Sales Representative

Hybrid booster

Okay everyone who signed up please PM me. I need to start collecting checks.

thank you so very much!!!

Mitsu booster

PM’d you.

Sent via Telegraph

Hybrid booster

Deposit/Production check has been sent to Alto.

Thanks to all!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I'm in also!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

pm sent

Any timeline? Thanks for setting this up.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by c2xejk View Post
    Any timeline? Thanks for setting this up.
    They quoted me 12 to 16 weeks, but hoping they get them done sooner. I will be talking to them later on in the week. I will post any updates.

Thanks again to everybody!!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    They quoted me 12 to 16 weeks, but hoping they get them done sooner. I will be talking to them later on in the week. I will post any updates.

Thanks again to everybody!!!

Good morning Stefan,
    -
    We received the check for $4,000 this morning.
    I will make sure to work with our production team on the discs and will be keeping you updated with the expected ETA.
    -

Regards,
    -
    Paulo Hoyer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast