Thread: Masi head assemlby and related parts

Garrett booster

Masi head assemlby and related parts

Hey guys -

I'm sourcing parts to build a custom Masi-headed engine. I'm looking the a complete head, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, and common block crank sprocket.

Let me know what you have. Thanks.

turbo addict

Re: Masi head assemlby and related parts

Your best bet is to find an entire car/engine. The 16V Masi is truly a unique engine compared to ANY of the other 2.2/2.5 engines. The head is not a "bolt-on" as there are peripherals that are needed in order for the head to work.

I have been there...doing that. I dumped all my eggs in the 16V Masi basket for the most part. If all I cared about was making power and going fast, I would just got 2.4 swap and never look back. The only reason I'm sticking to it is the "cool" factor. Beyond that, there's no real advantage to the Masi compared to the 2.4 and the 2.4 has parts availability. Just about anything you do performance oriented to the Masi is custom and not cheap. It's a labor of passion (not even love).

turbo addict

sometimes I contemplate selling all my Masi stuff.

I definately don't regret selling all my masi stuff.

I have a ton of NOS Masi stuff....mostly non 16 valve parts like trim, lamps, moldings, weatherstrips, interior.
    1400 part numbers in fact!!!!!!!! I picked over a few in wrecking yards over the years but they were few and far between to say the least!

www.arizonaparts.com

for a YEAR search put in Q

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    sometimes I contemplate selling all my Masi stuff.
    Well...you know you got a buyer here!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

What does a complete Masi head go for? (When you can even find one being sold that is!)
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Depends, I bought a 93k mile J-yard motor for $900 from a friend. And I bought a NOS masi head, with a 2.2 CB with JE's and Ti long rods for $4750 from a forum member. I wanted to put the 2.2 setup in a Consulier, but seeing as how prices skyrocketed on those I've been contemplating selling it all and getting an 08-10 Viper ACR.

turbo addict

sigh.. I know I'm repeating myself but

google the word , Lister Bell Stratos

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    I definately don't regret selling all my masi stuff.
    What an *ss!
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

When i sold a complete masi parts running motor i got 1200$. It was the going price for just the head and manifolds essentially

Mitsu booster

There is a seller on EBay right now that just parted out a couple and you can get almost all you need there. I was going to buy the engine harness for a 92 8 valve project but I'm not sure if there is differences from the standard turbo harness or not.

Garrett booster

GLHNSLHT2 = Well, maybe you should PM me some details please

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    What does a complete Masi head go for? (When you can even find one being sold that is!)
    A known good running Masi engine can fetch upwards of $5k. I will add the caveat that the head better have been gone through and the rod bearings better be known to be good.

Just a head won't do you much good if you want to run it as a factory install type deal with A/C and all. You really need the entire engine. It's a whole unique deal. Even the oil restrictor is different!

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Depends, I bought a 93k mile J-yard motor for $900 from a friend. And I bought a NOS masi head, with a 2.2 CB with JE's and Ti long rods for $4750 from a forum member. I wanted to put the 2.2 setup in a Consulier, but seeing as how prices skyrocketed on those I've been contemplating selling it all and getting an 08-10 Viper ACR.
    Man, you got the friend deal for sure! You have a captive audience for your parts right here if you go to sell...

turbo addict

sadly the two a local shop had here back in the early 90's were to spendy at six hun each for my budget at the time

wish looking at this I'd been able to collect them - we didn't get those cars up here

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I may have some or all of those things. After converting my SL, I think that's good enough for me and my gold GLH is too nice/original to mess with. I do need to do some cleaning out in my garage this weekend in order to do some work on my Caliber SRT and should have a better idea of what I have then. Years ago I bought a Masi 16v long block on eBay with a complete head (minus valve cover), I also have a bare NOS head, pretty sure I have a CB crank sprocket, but pretty sure I don't have a spare intake manifold. I also have a mostly complete low miles engine if you want to go that route. I have been hesitant to sell because I paid dearly for a lot of the stuff and some people balk at the price of rare items, so I haven't really been excited to try and off-load it.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I may have some or all of those things. After converting my SL, I think that's good enough for me and my gold GLH is too nice/original to mess with. I do need to do some cleaning out in my garage this weekend in order to do some work on my Caliber SRT and should have a better idea of what I have then. Years ago I bought a Masi 16v long block on eBay with a complete head (minus valve cover), I also have a bare NOS head, pretty sure I have a CB crank sprocket, but pretty sure I don't have a spare intake manifold. I also have a mostly complete low miles engine if you want to go that route. I have been hesitant to sell because I paid dearly for a lot of the stuff and some people balk at the price of rare items, so I haven't really been excited to try and off-load it.
    If you ever do decide to offload some things keep me in mind. I'd certainly appreciate having a spare head.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a factory rotating assembly, Masi Crank, rods, and pistons for the 16 valve. I'll have to check what other extras I have.