So I'm in the process of putting together my GLH-T. I got it sans engine. I've since sourced a complete '88 T2 engine out of a Z. My goal for the car is simple. Fast fun and reliable. I'm not going for record breaking performance, but I want it to be an easy low 13sec car to high 12s.

For controls I'm using a GLHS harness and Stage 2 LM. I know there are more modern customizable options out there, but I've always had good luck with the Stage2, and I like the simplicity of oem. Probably gonna set the boost around 16psi.

The engine is getting refreshed and upgraded with ARP hardware throughout. Ive got a 2piece intake for it, stock turbo, 2.5" SV and a full 3" exhaust. I'm gonna run a stock GLHS rad cooler, and want it to retain a mostly factory appearance.

So here's my question, the engine I have has a stock 782 head on it with the factory roller cam. For not much money, I could acquire a Ghead with +1 valves, Mopar springs and a NOS S60 slider cam. Is it gonna be worth the expenditure to do this upgrade, and how much of a gain would it be?