Thread: Issues with recent order.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Issues with recent order.

So, in general, I have issues with a recent order (94356032). I ordered an ATP Y-402 accelerator cable that was listed under multiple 2.5L Turbo applications. I processed it from the application of a 1991 Dodge Shadow 2.5 Turbo to which it was listed. I've tried going through the online return process and the pull down windows didn't cover the reason for receiving the wrong part, which was RockAuto.com's incorrect part listing. Since I learned that the part was incorrect I had to take significant time researching the product. Ultimately it seems that the Y-402 cable is in fact for a TBI application.

The other issue I had with the order was that a 5% discount code was never processed; that would have been about $10.75. I tried calling the only phone number I found online to try and address these issues and it only sends me to a voicemail for a receptionist and a referral back to using the online return process.

So I go back through the online return process trying to pick the most appropriate answers from pull down menus. I'd rather have the correct cable for the application but I'm worried if I select "send a replacement" that I'll just get another incorrect part for my application. I select return and in the end find out that it will deduct $7.83 just to have a label to ship the incorrect part back to you.

This order even started out with just needing this cable and it ballooned from there. Your company offers discount codes (like all other companies) to get business... but then you don't even come through with the discount?

Re: Issues with recent order.

I'm not exactly sure why I should lose $7.83 to get a $8.72 refund on a part you'll be able to sell again for $16.55 when it wasn't even my mistake.

Hello,

We are sorry the part you ordered was not what you needed. The best course of action would be to follow the suggestions of the two customer service representatives who contacted you via email.

As far as the discount code is concerned, the one you entered is currently not a valid code. This forum always has current, longer lasting, and correct discount codes for your use. You can find that code in a "sticky" at the top of this forum <http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?30586-RockAuto-discount-code!>.

Thank You,
    RockAuto.com

Thank you,
    Your representatives' suggestions don't solve the issue for me, or any future customer, that your site is listing the wrong product for the listed application.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I don't think RockAuto is interested in solving the issue as it requires time/resources. They rely entirely on the supplier to provide the correct information( this is what I was told by their rep in an email). RA most likely has few staff that understands mechanics or mechanical issues.
    I found an issue before I ordered a part and was hoping to correct the issue for a future customer. After a string of emails nothing was done and finally I asked them to contact their supplier on the issue. Once again nothing was done.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Agreed, Miles. This is one of those times where I found myself sidetracked by principles, also hoping to save future customers this frustration. I've realized that I wasted enough time on this... my time and the return shipping exceed the value of the refund.

turbo addict

I order some fog light bulbs from Rockauto and what came were not fog light bulbs. Rockauto told me to keep and gave me a full refund, and she also removed the fog light bulb listing for that year and model.

Hybrid booster

good to hear tryingbe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    I order some fog light bulbs from Rockauto and what came were not fog light bulbs. Rockauto told me to keep and gave me a full refund, and she also removed the fog light bulb listing for that year and model.
    excellent to know they listen to someone!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH