Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increase fuel in mptune

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Increase fuel in mptune

jeff, i suggest getting the dairyland chapter guys to assist you. there seems to be some difficulty conveying tuning info across the internet. there has got to be someone in your area that will soak up EFI tuning info like a sponge and help you get this car running safely. ill train them if need be. reach out to the locals and then reach out to me and ill get as many folks up to speed as fast as possible so that everyone can bounce ideas off of each other and all will benefit.

at this point, id have to be in front of the car to help work through the quirks of the individual combination.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Brian, you have already been a great help and in spite of the way it might appear on your end I am gaining confidence and am certain I will be successful. I am manipulating the tune and increasing my understanding of what the changes are doing. As I have stated, what I really need is the ability to log F/A over time, that would speed up the process and increase accuracy. Nothing worth doing ever comes easily and while it may be painful or humorous for others to observe it is what everyone must go through to some extent and I am enjoying the challenge. My philosophy is that once I can do this, I own it and no one can take it away and I am looking forward to my next tuning attempt now that I am able to increase fuel up the scale. By the way, looking at settings on my tune I noticed that the injectors were set at 55 lb. Was that done on purpose on your part? I have 52's.
    Relative to Dairyland, I am a member of that group and a couple guys are very close to my location but they are playing with sbec's and cant really help with LM's.
    Thanks
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

dont let my "lets get others involved post" to mean that i wont help. of course i still will. what i really mean is "lets get others involved TOO" to make it easier and faster.

sometimes when you scale a +40 injector to 52lb, it can run rich depending on the tolerance of the injector. 55lb is a good sweet spot that usually works.

LM's and SBEC's arent that different to tune.

they all have pumping efficiency, fuel baseling from map, fuel part throttle and fuel full throttle, advance from rpm and advance from map warm part and advance from map warm full.

those are the main tables to work with and they are the same unless you have a newer SBECII with some 3d tables or a spirit R/T.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12