1989 Chrysler TC - 2.2L TII Motor.

So basically I was having a boost issue where I was only able to hit 4 psi of boost. Someone suggested unplugging the vacuum line from the waste gate. I did this and was pretty easy on the throttle the first time and got the boost to hit 14 psi. Then the second time I did it, it got away from me and hit 17 psi before boost cutting. The car was running fine, I parked it and hooked the vacuum line back up to the wastegate.

The next day I came outside to start the car and it was having issues starting and I had to give it gas to start it. Smoke started coming out from under the hood and I seen the smoke was coming from the catch can breather. I unscrewed the oil fill cap and a lot of smoke started coming out of there as well, smoke was also coming out of the dipstick port.

VIDEO OF SMOKE:

Decided to remove the top end today. Bottom end of the motor looks fine but the bottom of the top end has some pitting which I think is from the broken pieces off of the spark plugs. Cylinder 1-3's spark plugs had the white material around the tip broken off. Cylinder 3's spark plugs gap was completely closed causing the tip and the metal to be touching. Cylinder 4 was the only spark plug that looked in good shape.

Below are pictures of the pitting as well as these cracks that i'm not if they are okay or not. Basically i'm trying to get answers on what was causing the smoking as well as if I need to get a new head/resurface the head.

Thank you!

PITTING:

CRACKS: