Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a TM near the West Coast!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: Looking for a TM near the West Coast!

Sounds good, yeah I actually don't know if I'd feel great about driving a TIII that many miles a day either when you gotta get to work. Remember that apartment complex I lived at? I think I helped you change out the shocks or springs once on your Spirit you had at the time in the parking lot there. I've been working there for about 10 years now on the maintenance crew. I lived there up until about 2 1/2 years ago (no commute) but now I live about 8 blocks away in my own house. I've thought about getting a job at one of the local coal mines, but the time/mileage of the commute is part of the reason I don't. I bought my CSRT new in '08 and still only have 54k miles on it.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Sounds good, yeah I actually don't know if I'd feel great about driving a TIII that many miles a day either when you gotta get to work. Remember that apartment complex I lived at? I think I helped you change out the shocks or springs once on your Spirit you had at the time in the parking lot there. I've been working there for about 10 years now on the maintenance crew. I lived there up until about 2 1/2 years ago (no commute) but now I live about 8 blocks away in my own house. I've thought about getting a job at one of the local coal mines, but the time/mileage of the commute is part of the reason I don't. I bought my CSRT new in '08 and still only have 54k miles on it.
    Yeah, I remember the apartments you lived at. I've worked for the same company now for 14 years, but they have different mines across the state. I was working at the mine closest to the town I live in which is about 40 miles one way. Not too bad they supply buses and once I became a supervisor I've had a company truck to use. But I had an opportunity to move up and transfer to the companies main mine near Elko in January last year. So I decided to take the position and was planning to move Elko to be closer. But my wife and I put 10's of thousands into our house to make it our final home, plus the kids are pretty deep into their sports and don't really want to disrupt that. So I've been making the drive, but it is getting harder to do. I'd love to have a job that was in town that would only take a couple minutes to get to work from my house.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

'87 GLHS, straight body, stock, all there, sun burnt in and out. Parked by previous owner by his previous owner for reasons unknown. It's in Los Angeles, if you're truly interested, I'll go over to where it's parked and take pics.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12