Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a TM near the West Coast!

boostaholic

Looking for a TM near the West Coast!

I'm looking to get back in the TM game. I sold my last 2 Spirit R/T's about 5 years ago and have missed them ever since. I'm looking to see what might be out there close to me. Looking for a Spirit, Daytona, or a Shadow. Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Thanks in advance.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Looking for a TM near the West Coast!

If you are interested in an L body . .
    I’ve got an 86 SC and an 87 GLHS that I never find time for
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

boostaholic

Do you have any pics of the cars?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

TurbosUnleashed has 3 real nice cars for sale right now. 86 GLHS, 93 IROC R/T and Maserati 16V. I still have your white R/T sitting here in pretty much the same condition as when you sold it to me except the drivetrain is out of the car. lol

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    TurbosUnleashed has 3 real nice cars for sale right now. 86 GLHS, 93 IROC R/T and Maserati 16V. I still have your white R/T sitting here in pretty much the same condition as when you sold it to me except the drivetrain is out of the car. lol
    I check into TU. Any chance you want to sell my car back to me? With an engine lol.

turbo addict

in B C

looks nice for the price - claims remain to be proven ..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/p...ationFlag=true

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I've got to stop checking in on this thread...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Hey Dustin, nice to see you back.

I wish I could have sold you my CSX/TIII project, but I sold it to a local guy that turned out to be a deadbeat

I have a white '91 Spirit R/T that I've already built a mad 2.5L TIII drivetrain for, but the car is "ugly" with peeling paint and surface rust.. It will be sometime before I can get to final assembly though now that I am a homeowner.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Hey Dustin, nice to see you back.

I wish I could have sold you my CSX/TIII project, but I sold it to a local guy that turned out to be a deadbeat

I have a white '91 Spirit R/T that I've already built a mad 2.5L TIII drivetrain for, but the car is "ugly" with peeling paint and surface rust.. It will be sometime before I can get to final assembly though now that I am a homeowner.
    Hey Jeremy! I was reading about your CSX the other day. It's a bummer I was in a similar situation with my Spirit R/T. The car was trashed, I was owed $2500 and ended up do a repo on it. The guy was one of my closest friends and that killed our friendship. After I got it back i didn't want to work on it so I sold it to DOHCRT. Keep me posted on the Spirit 2.5 TIII. What do you have in mind for it?$

I should just get serious about repossessing that car ('87 CSX). I have cash on hand to buy it back, but parking at my house is becoming a big concern. Would you be interested in that car? It isn't perfect by any means, but the 2.2L TIII/A568 drivetrain in that car is very built and all my best parts went into it. I'd much rather someone like you got the car than that guy.

I have vacation coming up, but I really need to use the time to build a fence on my property, so finishing the white Spirit R/T is looking bleak this year. On the other hand, the CSX needs the wiring finished (my specialty) and it should run. Zero miles on the engine/trans so far.

The red one with "Spirit R/T" valve cover is slated for the white Spirit R/T. The blue one with repop "Shelby 16v" valve cover is already bolted into the CSX.
    Last edited by iTurbo; 09-18-2018 at 09:31 PM.

turbo addict

Turbo Rampage in southern Oregon.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

boostaholic

I should just get serious about repossessing that car ('87 CSX). I have cash on hand to buy it back, but parking at my house is becoming a big concern. Would you be interested in that car? It isn't perfect by any means, but the 2.2L TIII/A568 drivetrain in that car is very built and all my best parts went into it. I'd much rather someone like you got the car than that guy.

I have vacation coming up, but I really need to use the time to build a fence on my property, so finishing the white Spirit R/T is looking bleak this year. On the other hand, the CSX needs the wiring finished (my specialty) and it should run. Zero miles on the engine/trans so far.

The red one with "Spirit R/T" valve cover is slated for the white Spirit R/T. The blue one with repop "Shelby 16v" valve cover is already bolted into the CSX.
    How much were you thinking?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Turbo Rampage in southern Oregon.
    Got any info on it? BTW I love the area you live in, I went to Coos Bay twice last year. Lol I’d like to buy some property there.

turbo addict

If interested just call me.
    541-266-0890
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P41200.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	63190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	63189  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by dds78910 View Post
    How much were you thinking?
    Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to sell either car, I'd have to get $3000 for either. I know that is a lot for an old turbo-mopar.....I totally understand. Both the CSX and Spirit R/T have 'boutique' motors that I built myself for the cars. I'm anal retentive about following specs and have built several 2.2 engines and all have turned out great... It was very expensive to say the least. I know I may be stuck with it but I think either one will be insane fun on the street.

As far as the TIII CSX, I'm not sure what I can do at this point other than pound on his front door and confront him with cash. I may be out of a job soon; if that's the case I'm taking the rest of the year off and will finish the white Spirit R/T among other things. I have a lot of cool stuff I could sell, but I'm out here in Wyoming far away from anyone and my job has taken over my life!!

Even my old red Spirit R/T (I also built that engine ground-up) has been parked at my house for the last nearly 2 years. It has been painted gold and is likely well over 400 WHP with the mods done to it. But the friend that bought that got married and had a kid and it's been marooned here ever since.

turbo addict

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to sell either car, I'd have to get $3000 for either. I know that is a lot for an old turbo-mopar.....I totally understand. Both the CSX and Spirit R/T have 'boutique' motors that I built myself for the cars. I'm anal retentive about following specs and have built several 2.2 engines and all have turned out great... It was very expensive to say the least. I know I may be stuck with it but I think either one will be insane fun on the street.
    I'm pretty sure what Jeremy is saying that the cars is free, but the engine inside are $3000 each. Which is a steal if you sit down and figure out how much it the parts alone cost to put the engine together.

^ Yup!

boostaholic

The one thin I hadn't mentioned yet is I'm needing a commuter car with cruise control. I drive 220 miles everyday to get to and from work. I average 35-45,000 mile a year. I'd feel bad putting that many miles on a TIII or limited Shelby car. Jeremys offer is a great deal, just not sure if i's the best option for me. I wouldn't have any issues driving a regular TI Daytona, Spirit or Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing I hadn't mentioned yet is I'm needing a commuter car with cruise control. I drive 220 miles everyday to get to and from work. I average 35-45,000 mile a year. I'd feel bad putting that many miles on a TIII or limited Shelby car. Jeremys offer is a great deal, just not sure if i's the best option for me. I wouldn't have any issues driving a regular TI Daytona, Spirit or Shadow.

turbo addict

220 miles a day!

I'd look for a 2 seat first gen Honda Insight to save fuel. Sure, it's slow, but I get 52mpg going 75mph.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    220 miles a day!

I'd look for a 2 seat first gen Honda Insight to save fuel. Sure, it's slow, but I get 52mpg going 75mph.
    Yeah, It's a long story. The past year and a half I had someone to car pool with and it was a company truck so it wasn't too bad. But they changed my schedule which gives me more days off, but I have to drive myself. And I have to drive my personal truck (2004 2500 Cummins) on Monday, leave it at work and I can take the work truck back and forth. Then leave it there and drive my personal truck back on my Friday. Well they have been telling me that I wasn't able to take the work truck home anymore. The diesel does good on mileage for a truck but it would add up fast if I have to drive it everyday.

But now I just heard an update since this morning. It sounds like I can still take the work truck to my home town every day, but I have to park the truck in the company lot and not park it at my house which it's a huge relief. So now it might seem I'm back in the market for a TM since I still need a car to go from my house to the parking lot every day which is only about a 6 mile round trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast