Thread: EBAY - GTP! 120k obo

Hybrid booster

EBAY - GTP! 120k obo

It looks amazing, never ever even heard of this one. Factory T3 , Roll cage etc
    Super cool paint.

Says it has a 5th injector? What's that about?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

Re: EBAY - GTP! 120k obo

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223127258263

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

turbo addict

5th injector is old school to add more boost and have enough fuel. Used a cold start injector from a Saab or Vdub that could be turned on all the time. It's a hack compared to what you can do now.

$120k??? It's nice but it's not that special IMO. I really want a GTP, I have the perfect motor for one. But if it's between this and an ACR Viper I'll take the Viper any day. Here come the super rich driving up prices to make them unaffordable.

boostaholic

That paint does look amazing.. sounds like its kind of a special GTP too from the description. Anyway, people do alot worse things with 120k. A fully loaded Range Rover is pushing 200k.
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

I seriously love this car!

Mitsu booster

This is close to 200K right now...

https://www.bobswatches.com/auctions...line%20Auction

turbo addict

for 120 K I can have the lister bell stratos with a 2.2 , the factory five cobra daytona coupe with a north/south iroc r/t 2.2 and probably have enough change to buy a box & cab for my rusty pick up truck ... and a trailer to drag my toys around with

n maybe even a cheep boat or snowmobile ...

boostaholic

Nobody said it was the smartest way to spend 120k, we're just saying its not the dumbest.

BTW welcome to the forum Team Sterling! Do you have any back story on the car?
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

Maybe if it belonged to Paul Newman himself.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

I think it's great and I hope the seller gets his price.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

boostaholic

Me too. Loads of boring silver 120k cars all over the dang freeways. Not that there is anything wrong with benzes bimmers, range rovers or jaguars. If you like blowing that kind of cash to blend in with all the other ones.
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

....been on vacation with no cell service and no internet so I'm late to the discussion....but I'll add my .02

I've seen this car close up on a few different occasions and it is an old race car that happens to be street legal, NOT a street car that gets raced.
    That being said, I've also seen quite a few "race cars" up close and personal and "race cars" are cool 20 footers but when you get up on them they're held together with 200mph tape and safety wire and other... "sketchiness"

This car is not that by any stretch of the imagination.
    This car is arguably the best survivor example of one of these ( not including some modded or partially restored cars ) , don't get me wrong, it's an old car, but what a beauty it is.
    It's the final product that has all of the previous "enhancements" and from what I've seen doesn't have a lot of the problems the older cars do...Like the doors actually look like they fit. Makes #22 look like it was built by me under a tree in my back yard. LOL

After all of that though, is it worth the $120K?

It depends on the reason you put the $$ on it:
    Rarity, exclusivity, history, ability??? worth every penny! ( couldn't buy this kind of rarity alone for that ) - 1960's ferrari GTO 250 made ~ $48MILL and not even as rare...and I understand I'm using an outlying example
    Sum of it's parts or compared to something newish ??? maybe not so much

That's up for a buyer to decide.
    Personally speaking I love the rarity, oddball thing

boostaholic

Agree. If I had 120k to blow on an automobile, for sure I would pick this over a lot of other 120k cars that people seem to buy left and right. Not that I've shopped around to know what is available in that range. There is probably a lot of other really cool cars.

964 turbo would be fun..
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

100-125k - That price range seems to be porsche's, g-wagons, Merc's and BMW M's with a few Ferrari's, R8's and GT-Rs' sprinkled in....pretty boring stuff overall IMHO ( don't get me wrong, I love the widebody 911 )

Great if you want a fast sheep in sheep's clothing.... I'd rather have a jackalope in a luchador mask sporting a cape, but hey, that's just me.

boostaholic

Yes none of that stuff you listed really does anything for me either.. I'd rather have a P100D over all that new stuff. The new gas cars drive like an electric anyway. The used market is where things are interesting.. and driver aid free..

Check out these sale charts..

https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/964/
    These raced against the Mosler GTP's..

https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/993-turbo/
    This is the final air cooled model..

https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/996/
    Get one while the gettins good? Vigo got one of these..

Lotus Esprit also raced against the GTP in the supercar series, those seem to be relatively inexpensive to the 964's.
    https://bringatrailer.com/lotus/esprit/
    MinivanRider

Mitsu booster

For more information, please visit https://www.thelastconsulier.com

boostaholic

Wow. Excellent site!
    MinivanRider