Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big intake stock head.

turbo addict

Re: Big intake stock head.

never had an issue with no AIS and AC kicking on. Idle was set at 900rpms. Maybe because I reduced parastatic drag so much elsewhere that the car didn't care that the a/c was on or off.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    Drives way better. No more hanging when shifting. Gotta play with it a little more. After a dead cold start it'll sorta hunt for 10 seconds or so then settle. The only thing I gotta figure out is a/c. I still have to drive it more but the idle does dip down when it's on. I'm a noob with mptune. About the only thing I know how to do is add fuel lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I did buy an adjustable iac replacement from modern performance that I want to put on.

There's a table for timing vs temp somewhere. I couldn't tell you exactly where as it's been 6 years since I've touched MPtune. It's a pretty flat curve, maybe 2 degrees of timing total added stock. If you bump that to 4-5 total under 100 degrees of engine temp you'll never know you needed an AIS. The extra timing will give you a cold idle of about 1100 that comes down to where the throttle stop screw is set by the time the engine see's 100 degrees of temp.

Like I said of face book I fill the passage way with gorilla glue ($4) break the pintle off the stock AIS motor and mount the stock AIS body back onto the TB and plug it in. No one knows it doesn't work

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    Lengel plenum + 1/2 spacer to a stock 2 piece lower that was crudely blended to gasket size while on the engine. 60mm Jeep throttle body. I can say, without a doubt in my mind that the head is NOT the cork.

My car has a t04e 50 trim with stage 2 turbine and .63 housing. It always had a pretty bad lag. Like your dragging an anchor. The classic, nothing is happening and then boom, 15psi and it's moving decently. Kind of like a switch.

With the new intake setup, the engine feels free. The power delivery is so much more linear and smooth. It feels like a modern turbocharged engine. I'm running like 8psi and it feels as fast as the old setup at 15psi. So far, zero downsides. Drivability is excellent. Even after eliminating the AIS.
    Good info, appreciate you sharing!!

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12