http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewto...512053#p523969

I have an 87 Shelby CSX that has been mothballed for two decades because I was chasing one electrical gremlin or another. I ordered an eMS-Pro last fall and yesterday I just got it running. I'll be reading over your build and progress and following your links, because I'm sure I'll have to deal with 90% of the same battles you have overcome so far.

I will say I managed to get the MS to use the hall effect pickup as the trigger input. It is possible. Once I get a little further into tuning and getting most of the functionality out of this ECU I'll post my own write-up on what I did. In a nutshell, I called tech support a few times and got some help with the HEP. The tech was reading margin notes from some file and gave me dip switch settings and some potentiometer tweaks. Basically, it doesn't see the input as a hall, but will see it as a VR input. I had to set my unit to enable (and NOT invert) the VR with a 5V pull up signal. Also, we did some testing with the stock turbo distributor and HEP. The turbo has a square hole in one of the shutters, and two HEPs about 170 degrees away from each other. I had assumed that one sensor was getting 4 triggers per rotation and the other was getting 1 trigger from the window per rotation, this is not the case. Both sensors see 5 triggers per rotation. The factory ECU must be configured to decipher this input.

I used a non-turbo distributor and HEP, with the settings close to what was given to me by the tech, it fires right up and idles. A turbo HEP will work, just use the black connector and not the white one. The non-turbo has 4 solid shutters and one HEP. I'll absolutely agree that using this as a trigger input won't be anywhere near as precise as a trigger wheel, but I want to use as many stock parts as I can. My goal with this car was to get it running and just enjoy driving it. Fabricating a trigger wheel on the crank pulley is logistically one of the only means of getting something like that mounted to this engine, but I wanted to try the factory HEP first. I can always get another HEP, cap, rotor, etc., but if anything happens to that trigger wheel, you are going to be down for a while.

So once again, good job on keeping the turbo Dodge lineage going. It warms my heart to see someone still interested in these things. I hope you keep us updated on your progress.