Thread: Track extensions welded in.

Hybrid booster

Track extensions welded in.

Anyone ever try this to get more travel for more leg room? I'm playing with a GT Scamp and I have '02 Stratus buckets installed but it's pretty close up front at full travel to the rear. I've got the room between the seats and the package tray to extend the tracks buy? anybody???? Any comments, thoughts, ideas? Jer

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Re: Track extensions welded in.

I did that in all of my L bodies. Extended the front of the track 4 inches and moved the rear mount forward 4 inches.

Hybrid booster

As I mentioned above Ajakeski. I'm trying to go the other direction. I also installed an '88 digital LeBaron dash and tilt column from the same donor leBaron. I'm just trying to get farther away from the wheel. Guess I'll just have to invest in another set of Stratus seat tracks and break out the Mig?

My modification moved the seat further back, away from the wheel, not closer.
    You make the front of the track longer and move the rear mount forward. That way the bottom of the track bolts to the floor as original and the seat bolts to the top of the track as original. Only now the seat is four inches further back from the dash.

- - - Updated - - -

My modification moved the seat further back, away from the wheel, not closer.
    You make the front of the track longer and move the rear mount forward. That way the bottom of the track bolts to the floor as original and the seat bolts to the top of the track as original. Only now the seat is four inches further back from the dash.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Lol Barney, you must never have met Andy, he's like 6' 5"

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

LOL. I don't wanna arm wrestle him and damn sure don't wanna AHH NEVER MIND. I just don't feel comfortable with both arms laced thru' that tilt wheel like the hot shoes do in NASCAR and theirz ah whole lotta room from the back of the chair to the package shelf az you well know.Thanks for the warning tho' AJ. How you doin' my friend? We haven't spake in ah while. Thingz goin' well in your life out there on the shaky side I hope? Jer

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Lower em too.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Two door L Body seat track modification photos. Modified track vs. unmodified.

Do so at your own risk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7097.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	63250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7095.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	63251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7098.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	63249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7093.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	63252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7092.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	63253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7090.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	544.6 KB 
ID:	63254  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7089.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	63255  

That's pretty cool. Lower seats would be nice when racing with a helmet on.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

2 door L body tracks are as short as they get. When installed the track is sitting on the carpet. The only way to go lower would be a custom seat or do some floor modifications.

4 door seat tracks are taller, so swapping for 2 door tracks makes some head room.

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    2 door L body tracks are as short as they get. When installed the track is sitting on the carpet. The only way to go lower would be a custom seat or do some floor modifications.

4 door seat tracks are taller, so swapping for 2 door tracks makes some head room.
    Good point.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]