Mitsu booster

Fuel

http://race-gas.com/

New Product = Ultra

FYI

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Fuel

sounds promising....

anyone do a test vs torco accelerator..... cause i know that turns 87 octane into something that can handle 25psi on a spirit r/t........

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

I did use Torco Accelerator (Unleaded) for a few years with no issue. Then (for some reason) it wouldn't prevent KR and it would separate out in the can rather quickly. Maybe the QA got away from them.

Went to Race gas and never looked back. Great product IMO.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

That Race Gas Ultra does look promising. And more convenient that hauling around race fuel by the gallons...
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Mitsu booster

That's why I've used it in the past. Less to carry with you.

Along with the confidence knowing its going to work.

turbo addict

Race Gas was tested extensively for at least a couple years, several years ago at TPiS, in Chaska, MN. They are a well known full service race machine shop, fabrication shop, product development shop, tuner, R&D facility, etc. esp. in the GM SBC, BBC, and LS world. I personally saw several engines on engine dyno using Race Gas along with 110 octane race fuel. On 450-600 HP NA LS engines they were within a couple HP of each other. Well within negligible margin for error. Owner Myron Cottrell personally told me the stuff is the real deal. You could bet the bank on his word. I would not hesitate to use it. Don't compare this to 104+ or NOS octane booster. Apples and oranges. 20 some years ago I always assumed 104+ (claiming it raised octane 4+ points) meant my octane went from 91 to 95. The reality was it raised octane from 91 to 91.4. There is your 4 points!
    Todd

Hybrid booster

I've used both Torco and Race Gas. Both are fine products.

Thise year I purchased six 32 0z cans of Race Gas (Orange label) and use a full can each fill up in my Charger.

Previous to using race gas additive, I am limited to about 17 lbs boost using 94 octane fuel, anything above and I would get knock (detonation)
    Adding a can to a tank I have been able to raise the boost to 20 lbs without any other changes. I may even be able to run higher boost levels but haven't tried. 20 lbs on this set up is just fine on the street.

Anyway, if you are wondering if the claims are true, I can honestly say from personal experience, this stuff does work.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

race gas for me also
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Mitsu booster

I've been using it in my 04 SRT4 and 86 GLHS. No complaints. In the GLHS, I can honestly say the idle quality is better, starts quicker and seems more snappy (if you know what I mean) when driving around town.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I have a case of the original Race Gas but haven't had the chance to try it. The scary thing about it is finding the point at which it's not enough.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I have a case of the original Race Gas but haven't had the chance to try it. The scary thing about it is finding the point at which it's not enough.
    Exactly. WHich is why I raised to boost on my car to a respectible 20 lbs for the street. If I was heading to the track, I would run C-16 as I always do and turn it up.

Mitsu booster

Would the new product "Ultra" work in that case?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Exactly. WHich is why I raised to boost on my car to a respectible 20 lbs for the street. If I was heading to the track, I would run C-16 as I always do and turn it up.
    Agreed... I’m tired of repairing my engine due to trying different things... the one thing I KNOW that works is using the proper fuel... 100 unleaded for the street (20 psi) and Maximal for the track (30 psi+). No issues and no more guessing.

turbo addict

I just use E85 as I have an ethanol sensor on my car.

I don't believe any one sell an octane sensor, the only way my car can detect octane is by the knock sensor, no thanks.

Why don't we have an octane sensor by now?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Why don't we have an octane sensor by now?
    I did develop one based on FTIR using chemometrics in the mid 90's and it worked very well. IIRC, it took approx 30 second per analysis and was approx $35,000.
    The issue is each of the 1000+ compounds in gasoline each have a different octane rating. By definition n-heptane is zero and 2,2,4-trimethylpentane, aka isooctane is 100 as defined in a very special octane engine in the petrochemical labs. Gasoline shipped from the refinery is run on this special engine and one can also estimate the octane rating by gas chromatography using a detailed hydrocarbon analyzer (DHA) but each analysis is approx 1-2 hours long.
    But someday we will have a low cost octane sensor.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    I did develop one based on FTIR using chemometrics in the mid 90's and it worked very well. IIRC, it took approx 30 second per analysis and was approx $35,000.
    The issue is each of the 1000+ compounds in gasoline each have a different octane rating. By definition n-heptane is zero and 2,2,4-trimethylpentane, aka isooctane is 100 as defined in a very special octane engine in the petrochemical labs. Gasoline shipped from the refinery is run on this special engine and one can also estimate the octane rating by gas chromatography using a detailed hydrocarbon analyzer (DHA) but each analysis is approx 1-2 hours long.
    But someday we will have a low cost octane sensor.
    http://www.waukeshacfr.com/f1-f2/

http://www.runyard.org/jr/CFR/octane1.html

Cool stuff, if you like that sort of thing...
    Last edited by Saturn Five; 08-04-2018 at 11:54 PM.