Thread: 1990 Dodge Spirit R/T

Hybrid booster

1990 Dodge Spirit R/T

Date: 16th July 2018
    Username: 89FerrariShelby
    Full Name: Michael Kwiat
    City, State, Zip: Fall River, MA 02720
    Selling or Wanted Price: $2,500 obo

Description: For Sale is my 1990 Dodge Spirit R/T. I will link the for sale post from when I bought it off here, as that thread probably has a better description, but basically this was Spirit #3, a test car, which as I understand it wasn't supposed to be sold for the road. Since my purchase I've put on I'd guess about 10,000 miles (odometer is broken). I put in a "new" (used) radiator when the old one leaked, this one does not. Car sat for 3 years, but I fired it up last fall and drive it about once a week for 70 or so miles.

Noteworthy:

Roof paint is rusted
    Headliner is sagging
    Brakes work, but are still a bit rusty due to lack of use.

Otherwise the car runs and drives fine.

Any questions feel free to text or email. Car is located in Fall River MA for the next two weeks (i'm selling my house). After 7/27 it may stay in Fall River, or make the commute to Suffield to sit with my Daytona, I'm not sure yet.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1990 Dodge Spirit R/T

Original for sale thread was in 2011, doesn't appear to be on the site anymore. =(

Looking to get rid of this, no space to hold on to it. If interested feel free to reach out, price is negotiable.

boostaholic

How is underbody rust situation, rockers, bottoms of doors ect. ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Garrett booster

can you post engine pictures thanks.

Hybrid booster

Hey Guys, sorry. Recent move, car didn't come with me. Got back to take the requested pics:

http://s986.photobucket.com/user/MKw...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s986.photobucket.com/user/MKw...tml?sort=3&o=5

I know the top looks bad, but that's about the extent of the bad body work. It's mainly because it wasn't painted and sat outside for a time. The rest of the car is in pretty good shape.

Hybrid booster

Bump... JamesD was kind enough to forward the original thread to me (he found it!!!) so linking below. As a heads up, the wiper motor doesn't work right now, hoping to try regrounding it this weekend to see if it fixes it (as is suggested all over this site...)

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ight=spirit+rt

boostaholic

bumpin it up for Pats old ride!

Mitsu booster

this car sold to Stephan in NH, I wanted it but...

Dave L.

Garrett booster

is this still for sale.

Mitsu booster

Nope it's sold to stephan, I guess, according to a earlier post.
    Why doesn't anyone delete sold cars. Almost all the vehicles for sale have sold or are no longer monitored by the seller. Very frustrating to people looking to purchase. No fun reading through the whole post then find out its sold. Or it was for sale years ago bump was bumped to the top because someone inquired about it years after the ad was placed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My_Kismet View Post
    Nope it's sold to stephan, I guess, according to a earlier post.
    Why doesn't anyone delete sold cars. Almost all the vehicles for sale have sold or are no longer monitored by the seller. Very frustrating to people looking to purchase. No fun reading through the whole post then find out its sold. Or it was for sale years ago bump was bumped to the top because someone inquired about it years after the ad was placed.

IMO there is nothing wrong about bumping an OLD FS post to inquire, no harm done. I think someone who does that knows their probability is low but worth a shot if they wanna try.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    IMO there is nothing wrong about bumping an OLD FS post to inquire, no harm done. I think someone who does that knows their probability is low but worth a shot if they wanna try.
    Moreover, there are a lot of people who still actively follow for sale threads from when they bought a car. I have had people contact me to see how a car is doing sometimes years after the sale.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Moreover, there are a lot of people who still actively follow for sale threads from when they bought a car. I have had people contact me to see how a car is doing sometimes years after the sale.
    Yeah, try that on Stupid FaceBook people

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

It's not the people that are bumping it. Although if they are doing it with no intention of buying that's not good. I had a 92 Silver Spirit R/T which was one of my long term goals. Then it blew a fuel line and burned to the ground. I was looking for another vehicle that might just fill my desire and thought I was finding some great vehicles. Then after spending hours going through the ads I realized I had wasted my time. All the vehicles I loved, while still showing "For Sale", we're either sold or were years old. I never thought the ads would be still active after years of sitting in the for sale section. I don't even want to check it anymore because it seems like a waste of time. I am sure that the people who really hope to sell cars don't want potential buyers to not even look at the ads, believing that it's a waste of time.

Mitsu booster

Some simple changes would be very helpful to people looking to buy.
    Limit the time adds stay in the "for sale" section. Then transfer it to a separate section. Say like, "Sold vehicles" or Previous Sold Cars" maybe name it "The One that got Away" (my favorite). If that was done people who actually want to buy wouldn't get frustrated with mostly dead ends. The people who like to keep up with sellers or buyers of the sold or dead sale post could keep chatting away in the new section. Keeping the for sale section a active and current Selling section.
    Seems the way it is now ads just become a gab fest with people who aren't going to buy. They have sections for chatting already. They also have sections for info on sellers, so common posts saying the buyer is a great person isn't needed either.
    It damn nice and it's great that this is a friendly site, I love that part. Still weeding through, maybe a hundred, posts trying to get all the relevant info on the car that's actually for sale can be tiring & frustrating. Especially if you find out the car is either sold or the seller hasn't responded to the post in as much as a year.