Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I ran the Bosch cobra pump. I installed a higher flowing water pump and cooling went down, my intake air temp went up. This is the pump I "upgraded" to: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/l...iABEgIe4vD_BwE
It did flow flow more, I did a back to back test. I ended up putting the Bosch pump back in. After I wasted $200+ dollars on this pump I decided I wasn't going to invest anymore into trying to find out what my lack of cooling problem was.
Probably the same problem you get when you remove the thermostat from an engine... If the water is moving too fast, it can't pick up enough of the heat from its surroundings. It's a basic law of thermodynamics. IF the fluid isn't in contact with the surface long enough, it can't transfer the heat energy. You may have had too much pump... That's not saying there wasn't efficiency issues with the intercooler...

That's why I always cringe when I see somebody recommend removing a thermostat. If you are having cooling issues, removing the T-stat is the worst thing you can do, unless it's just flat out stuck closed, them something is better than nothing...