Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cold idle hunting (goes crazy lean) & iat rwads 102º on scan tool all the time.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: cold idle hunting (goes crazy lean) & iat rwads 102º on scan tool all the time.

so a factory glhs stage 2 ran great and scanned great.

so there is something up with your LM then.

i wouldnt use 30+ year old capacitors to test with. id use brand new ones.

so are you using the bone stock 86 GLHS stage 2 upper and lower bins burned to the appropriate chips or are you using turbonator GLHS?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

Re: cold idle hunting (goes crazy lean) & iat rwads 102º on scan tool all the time.

GLHS stage 2 calibrations from boost buttom wiki.I down loaded them. And yes im putting correct uuper bin & lower bin chips in. The mopar 670 glhs stage 2 cal worked fine no issues thats correct.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Turbonator cals will not show correct values for sensors unless you use MP Scan. The addresses are changed around. Some may still read but not all. The Turbonator code is Rob L's, not Chrysler's.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Turbonator cals will not show correct values for sensors unless you use MP Scan. The addresses are changed around. Some may still read but not all. The Turbonator code is Rob L's, not Chrysler's.
    The Turbonator 87 LM cal always read fine on my OTC 4000E.

Maybe the Turbonator GLHS cal is different.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

i believe the ram locations are the same on the LM turbonator cals as compared to the stock cals.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Mitsu booster

Not sure, but id pay to get this figured out!!

try another LM. try a brand new capacitor.

those are my suggestions especially since a MP GLHS S2 worked well.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    try another LM. try a brand new capacitor.

those are my suggestions especially since a MP GLHS S2 worked well.

Brian
    If it worked with a GLHS Stage II in a different LM, return to that baseline.

Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Working on clearing the decks.

Mitsu booster

It was a loner mopar performance logic module from a friend & member. So its calibration (670) is directly from mopar performance. Ive tried the GLHS 2 calibration from boostbutton wiki. As a matter of fact thats the calibration im currently using rite now. Just trimmed down the fuel a lil & added some timing to it. It also hits o/b shutdown about 7-8 seconds in when at w.o.t. I have all 4 values maxed out to shut off o/b shutdown. Ive also tried a second know godd stock l.m. ive socketed. With the same results.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post385296

did you try the stock GLHS cal or the MP version in this post?

Brian

i believe you would use the stock GLHS lower bin for the lower chip and then the MP GLHS 640 cal for the upper.

Brian

Mitsu booster

I used the glhs stage 2 zip. I noticed that when I compile them. Ive been compliling both upper and lower chips every time I change somthing. Is that what im doing worng? After I complie it I get upper , lower & ams bin files as it should. So Ive just been burning upper & lower bins of the calibration I just changed a lil bit and swap them in my socketed l.m. do I just leave the lower bin 100% stock glhs then?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpanther View Post
    I used the glhs stage 2 zip. I noticed that when I compile them. Ive been compliling both upper and lower chips every time I change somthing. Is that what im doing worng? After I complie it I get upper , lower & ams bin files as it should. So Ive just been burning upper & lower bins of the calibration I just changed a lil bit and swap them in my socketed l.m. do I just leave the lower bin 100% stock glhs then?
    do you have a link to the codebase that you are using?

the ones i posted you can just flash to a chip and press into the socket.

are you still 2 bar stock injector?

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

honestly, id do the small amount of pin rewire and swap for the 87 LM stuff.

more development and more testing going on with that year ecu.

Brian

ok, if you are set on keeping 86 electronics, wowzer is working on making mptune compatible versions of the stock GLHS and GLHS MP Stage2 cals. just be patient please.

in the meantime, if you are stock 2bar map and stock injectors, i linked you to the GLHS stock and MP cals.

with the stuff you are using, yes it is normal for it to make a separate upper and lower bin for you to burn to 2 chips.

with the stuff i posted, you would burn the 640 MP cal to the upper chip and the stock GLHS lower 016 for the lower chip. but only if you are stock injector and 2 bar.

Brian

Mitsu booster

I have 2 bar & stock 33lb injector's in it. Its all off a 89 Shelby z Daytona. I do have two 87 turbo1 logic modules. Im not apposed to using the 87 l.m. just tryin to figure out why this don't totally work. I burnt a stock glhs lower & swapped that in. It idles @ 2k all the time & 11.5 afr. Never moved from that. So then I burnt a stock glhs stage 2 lower. It would almsot start then die rite away. Put back in my lower that I had bunrned with the upper that I took fuel from & added 2º in and started and run like it has been. Cold surge & hit o/b shut down about 7-8 seconds of beeing on the floor.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: cold idle hunting (goes crazy lean) & iat

It was a loner mopar performance logic module from a friend & member. So its calibration (670) is directly from mopar performance. Ive tried the GLHS 2 calibration from boostbutton wiki. As a matter of fact thats the calibration im currently using rite now. Just trimmed down the fuel a lil & added some timing to it. It also hits o/b shutdown about 7-8 seconds in when at w.o.t. I have all 4 values maxed out to shut off o/b shutdown. Ive also tried a second know godd stock l.m. ive socketed. With the same results.
    You FF'd all 4 overboost values, then you're not hitting overboost. You're hitting a limp mode rev limiter (the rev limiter rand OB are the same routine and shutdown method).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    No, the RAM locations are not changed. Some are maybe added, but all of the stock ones should still read on a scan tool. The only exception was the '89 T2; and only because I used the '89 T1 code as the base.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 2 bar & stock 33lb injector's in it. Its all off a 89 Shelby z Daytona. I do have two 87 turbo1 logic modules. Im not apposed to using the 87 l.m. just tryin to figure out why this don't totally work. I burnt a stock glhs lower & swapped that in. It idles @ 2k all the time & 11.5 afr. Never moved from that. So then I burnt a stock glhs stage 2 lower. It would almsot start then die rite away. Put back in my lower that I had bunrned with the upper that I took fuel from & added 2º in and started and run like it has been. Cold surge & hit o/b shut down about 7-8 seconds of beeing on the floor.
    The Turbonator lower chip is unique for Turbonator. I'm surprised it ran at all with a stock lower chip. Some parts of the code will not run right that way.

But, the stock and Stage II lower chips are identical. If you got different behavior with them, then something isn't right.

I made many T-GLHS cals; it was probably the most stable and reliable of all the cals (probably because it had very few modifications).
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Yep it did act differently. Also I installed my map sensor with a 4.6v ziener diode and no more shuting down at all! No kidding. W.o.t. shift points are 5900 rpm letting the transmission control upshift.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Yep it did act differently. Also I installed my map sensor with a 4.6v ziener diode and no more shuting down at all! No kidding. W.o.t. shift points are 5900 rpm letting the transmission control upshift.
    If a zener fixed it, and all the OB settings are FF, then it must be another MAP issue. Baro solenoid still there?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Baro is still hooked up and function's. Can see it cycle once in a while when coasting. Yes sir a ziner did fix the o/b shut down. I set all o/b values to max full to the right on each of the 4 scales. Im gathering parts to do a 3 bar swap in the future but would like to iron out anything I may have done.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Bad map maybe?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast