Thread: A Ford?!?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

A Ford?!?

My dad's a Ford guy, so he's probably happy. After really needing another vehicle for a while, we pulled the trigger and last week bought a '16 Fusion with the 2.0L turbo. We drove it from IL to Atlanta over the Memorial Day weekend, and it was...really nice! It's by far the nicest car I've ever owned. It'll be mainly my wife's, and I can go back to driving the SRT4, while my son drives the '02 Buick I bought from my father-in-law last month. The CSXes #321 will probably go back to collector insurance finally. Our '98 Grand Voyager is very likely headed to the junk yard. We bought it new, and it's given us a good 20 years. It's unreliable now, with serious electrical issues I just don't want to deal with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180522_104058.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	62684

Hybrid booster

Re: A Ford?!?

Nice car, and thank you for buying American.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

As a diehard Mopar guy (its all i've ever owned), I too agree that the Fusion is a really nice car. I don't have any long term feedback, but we rent cars on a regular basis and if a Fusion is available, it is now my go to car of choice.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

turbo addict

I've replaced a ton of transmissions in the body style prior to that one. Hopefully the newer ones are better.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    I've replaced a ton of transmissions in the body style prior to that one. Hopefully the newer ones are better.
    ive beat the ---- out of a work 2.0L escape 6-speed auto (same vintage as that fusion) mercilessly for 70k with no issues. jumps? yes. awd brake boost launches where i timed it for peak boost launches? yes.

not a bad platform.

needs a tune though and less electronic nannies lol

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

That's just my experience. I've replaced like 3 or 4 of them in a year.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

A good friend of mine went from a new Chrysler 200 to a Fusion like that one. Night and day difference. I hate to admit it as a Mopar guy, but the Fusion is twice the car the 200 is.

He absolutely despised that 200, loves the Fusion. I have to admit, from the few rides I've had in it, it is a lot more comfortable car to get in and out of, and ride in...

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

I bought it at my local dealer, and they have a lifetime powertrain warranty, so long as you can prove you serviced it at the recommended intervals. They prefer you do have it done there, but there's a provision to have it done wherever you want. I warned them, "You realize you're talking to a person currently driving a 31-year-old car, right?"

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

My mom bought a 2016 Escape 1.6 Ecoboost FWD. It is a great vehicle. Makes me want a Focus ST really badly, if I could muster the courage to sell my SRT-4.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

We have a beater fusion that gets whored out to us when our work trucks are in for service. It has 170k miles and still has plenty of power (non turbo). I am impressed with the car.
    We have rented quite a few vehicles while on vacation... one was a focus with an auto. Quite peppy for a base engine.. makes me think about the ST version.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Makes me want a Focus ST really badly, if I could muster the courage to sell my SRT-4.
    I don't think you'd regret it. I co-piloted a '17 Focus ST from Seattle to Omaha last spring and it's a really great car.

boostaholic

I bought a 2017 Fusion Sport a year ago, 2.7 twin turbo, 325 hp and 380 tq, she moves pretty good
    I haven't messed with it but a few guys are tuned, best time is 12.39 @ 112 on E30
    Not bad for a tune only.

The thing I like most about it, I can't even tell if its running, crazy quiet and very little road noise.