Thread: Recording fuel/air on LM systems.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Recording fuel/air on LM systems.

Hello all,
    I presently have an AEM f/a gauge and sensor. I have connected the f/a data output wire to an rs232 socket. I also have mptune and mpscan. I want to find out if I can install the wideband gauge on my profile dash board and then feed the f/a data through an ftdi cable to input the data to be displayed simultaneously on the gauges or the graph.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Recording fuel/air on LM systems.

I don't believe there is a way to do it the way you want.

But the turbonator cals have the ability to directly interpret the wideband data and display that on the MPScan dashboard. It works for SMEC, not real sure about LM systems though...

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Jeff, I don't think the LM Turbonator cals have the WB2NB function. But if it does, you could do that.
    If you need to log your seperate wideband gauge, there is an answer with MPSciLink.
    That device allows up to 4 analig inputs, so you can log them right along with other ECU gauges/sensors.

There's a few threads about the mpscilink, or you could check out some information here:
    www.sites.google.com/site/mpscilink
    Just ignore the page that says we are ready to take orders. We are still working out some design changes for the next version.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Thanks to you both. There might be a slim chance that it can be done. I had tried logging it with hyper terminal with the idea of exporting it to mptune as an excel file but it wasn't practcal. Being able to log this would be key to tuning f/a.
    Wayne, you were correct, that gauge doesnt exist in the list of gauges. I clicked on mpscilink and there is no response.
    Jeff
    Last edited by jeff1234; 05-29-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you can do it with mpscilink.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

When I click on mpscilink in a tune nothing appears except the wifi to android setup page so it must not be operating in my app.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    When I click on mpscilink in a tune nothing appears except the wifi to android setup page so it must not be operating in my app.
    The mpscilink is a seperate device.
    The mpsclink tab on the mptune program is for flashing the mpsclink arduino, and other related processes for the mpscilink.

You can get in on the next group, if you would like one.
    It really seems to work best with SMEC, but only because there has been the most support and development with the SMEC cars running thr prototype. The LM has other inherent limitations, but users that have LM's and the first couple batches of mpscilinks have reported some favorable results/feedback.

There used to be a hack to log AFR and have it in you MPScan log, but that hasn't worked in several years. I was going to try that route back around 2010, but it wasn't working then.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini