Thread: Impressive new Chevy 4 cylinder

boostaholic

Impressive new Chevy 4 cylinder

I was listening to the engineer talk about separating the exhaust manifold runners all the way to the turbine
    I want this turbo on my 2.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVr9V72xurA

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Impressive new Chevy 4 cylinder

itll probably be a high volume engine..... which will push the turbo costs down.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Twin volute turbo, 16 valve, direct injection, variable valve timing, regular gas, rotating dead cylinders . . .
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Garrett booster

hopefully dodge will follow suit with a new glh/srt .. auto please

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Twin volute turbo, 16 valve, direct injection, variable valve timing, regular gas, rotating dead cylinders . . .
    Watched the video, impressive amount of power on regular gas. Controls and tech have come a long way.

Working on clearing the decks.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Yeah, for a long time our first gen fuel injection electronic ignition turbo cars, with refinements, despite their non-cross flow 8v heads, could sort of keep up. Now with variable valve timing and sophisticated turbos coupled with very quick and powerful engine management . . . . .
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia