Thread: Introduction!

Mitsu booster

Introduction!

I’ll apologize in advance if this doesn’t belong here, but hello! I’ve always hovered around the turbo dodge scene, but I finally pulled the trigger on this ‘85 Dodge 600 convertible! Love it and willing to wrench on it. Seems the car needs a head gasket (smelling coolant in exhaust, keeps pushing air and consuming coolant). Regardless it runs and drives great. Bought it from a guy that is pretty well invested in these cars, Brad P. (lives in Indiana). He sent me the link to the forum, so here I am. I don’t own a computer, so doing this on my phone is a pain....I’m trying to figure out my plan of attack on this thing....it’ll be head gasket, send the head off to get checked, maybe ported and polished? (opinions encouraged). Probably a timing belt while I’m in there. Then Brad had mentioned mopar performance injectors, 2.5” exhaust and swing valve will really bring up the performance. It already has (I think) the ‘86 map sensor and computer...Not looking to set the world on fire with this thing, not racing or anything, just want a bit more pep and not have to reinvent the wheel in doing so. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Introduction!

Welcome....... We all want pics.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Welcome to the site! A MP computer with bigger exhaust would probably be the hot ticket after you get everything in order.

turbo addict

A 86 ECU will not run with 85 distributor. If you do use a 86 ECU and 86 distributor with a 85 engine, you'll loose power due to cylinder head design.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Welcome. If you are using an Android, there is a app called Tapatalk that works very well. It is much easier than trying to use a web browser on your phone for this forum.

Welcome to the group, and good luck with your project!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Mitsu booster

Oh damn. Tapatalk has gotten way better than it used to be. Head will be coming off next week and we will go from there! Here’s some pictures of the car and 1 of my jeep for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

It sure is way easier to add pics with Tapatalk.
    Its one of the only apps I found it worth buying up to the Pro key. I use an older version though, for the interface I liked better.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Josooha, Wanna put faces to the names on this sit? Weekend of June 23rd do a Road Trip across I-74, go over the river and up the hill on I-75 and find the Holiday Inn at the Erlanger Airport exit and OD on all things Shelby Dodge(with maybe ah pleasent side trip or two lol) Jer

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    Josooha, Wanna put faces to the names on this sit? Weekend of June 23rd do a Road Trip across I-74, go over the river and up the hill on I-75 and find the Holiday Inn at the Erlanger Airport exit and OD on all things Shelby Dodge(with maybe ah pleasent side trip or two lol) Jer
    I’ll definitely look into that trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk