Thread: Original L/M maps differences

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Original L/M maps differences

Hello all,
    Recently during tuning the boost gauge on my MPtune profile was only displaying 8.1 psi when in fact I was actually at 13.5 psi. I was working on a detonation problem. The guy helping me suggested that something may be wrong with my map. I was using the map sensor that came factory-installed . I switched to another which had the red printing on the decal indicating a turbo map. The part numbers on the two maps were the same but the code that came after that was different. The one I used had "AA" on the end which tells me there were at least 2 revisions.
    The result was correct psi numbers on the profile gauge and a huge reduction down to a tunable 2.0 degre's pulled out.
    Jeff1234
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Original L/M maps differences

All stock map sensors should read just fine to 14.7 psi.

If its reading only to 8.1 like yours was, then it's bad. As you found out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Part of the difficulty of playing with these cars is that you don't know what you don't know. I thought the profile gauge was the problem. Besides the detonation, everything else was operating normally, so why would I even question the map sensor. This is why this forum exists. You have to have a place to go to get answers that only the accumulated knowledge of many people can be tapped. Fortunately the person who is helping me knew to be suspicious because of past experience. ;-)
    Last edited by jeff1234; 05-03-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    Part of the difficulty of playing with these cars is that you don't know what you don't know. I thought the profile gauge was the problem. Besides the detonation, everything else was operating normally, so why would I even question the map sensor. This is why this forum exists. You have to have a place to go to get answers that only the accumulated knowledge of many people can be tapped. Fortunately the person who is helping me knew to be suspicious because of past experience. ;-)
    Amen to that. I've been chasing an issue for a month on my Scamp. Everybody on here has been great about offering up help and suggestions. Think I finally got it whipped, just waiting on some parts to confirm...

Good luck with your problem.