Thread: Hybrid Transmission Sales

Hybrid Transmission Sales

Please direct all questions and requests to Mopartek@aol.com

Hi all,
    Things have been busy around here with moving and all. Getting the new shop setup now with heat, lights and shelves, the job moves forward.

With the help of some good friends I have amassed a collection of core transmissions in the last two weeks and have a list of hybrid transmissions I will be offering at this time. I have parts to build these all and they are offered on a first come basis. The OBX will be ordered as requested by the customer.

At this time I'm offering a free drain plug and the shipping container and packaging material with each transmission purchased

None of the transmissions are assembled so you can select the options you want like moly plate, OBX and drain plug. The OBX in NOT available on the 525/555 transmission.

Moly Plate for the 525/555, 520/555 is an additional $100.00

OBX Differential with new internal washers, disassembled and all holes tapped and case clearanced for proper axle fit $550.00

NOTE: This is for the 520/555 and 523/568 transmissions ONLY. Will NOT fit the 525/555 transmission.

The reason for the added cost on the OBX is that all but one we have had here came with broken belville washers inside, fasteners not torqued right, bolt holes not tapped right and axle shafts that wouldn't fit into the unit, we fix all these issues.

525/555 transmission. This is the combination that started my hybrid adventure. I built my first one 12 years ago for a friend with an '86 GLHS that wanted the strength and better ratios of the 555 along with the 3.56 FD ratio of the stock 525 and a transmission that wouldn't require cutting of his very nice GLHS, a bolt in custom transmission shall we say. We added his Shelby Cam & Pawl posi unit and a Lambros moly plate and this transmission still runs today in his car.

525/555 transmission. 555 1st thru 5th gears & input shaft. 3.56 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from the 525 and stock 525 differential. Rebuilt with new bearings, seals, shift fork pads and brass as needed. Upgraded 1/2 shift fork to the HD piece from the 555 along with an '87 525 case that uses the stronger differential bearing retainer bolts on the left side. $725.00

520/555 Transmission. 555 1st thru 5th gears & input shaft. 3.50 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from a 520 with stock differential and diff pin retainers. Rebuilt with new bearings, seals, shift fork pads and brass as needed. $800.00

520/555 Race/Street transmission. 555 1st thru 5th gears & input shaft. 3.50 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from a 520 with a stock differential and diff pin retainers.

This race proven street crash box has had modifications to the gears and brass rings. Every other tooth was removed from the 1st thru 4th speed gears and the brass rings to allow full throttle, to the floor power shifting. This transmission setup was race proven with over 100 passes in a 12 sec. Shadow and the final cause of failure in that transmission was the stock differential when the motor and transmission were installed in a full curb weight Spirit R/T, blew the pinion gears all over the Englishtown starting line, NICE.

If your looking for something that shifts like no other here, is your transmission. You can have it with a welded diff for no extra charge for your race only application or add the OBX for a street strip car. $1000.00

R/T 523/568 This is a new combination I came up with to offer the R/T owners the choice of having a Quaife unit without the Quaife price. 1991 R/T transmission with a 3.77 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from a 523. A good choice to keep close to the stock 3:85 FD ratio and allows you to install an OBX LSD unit. Rebuilt with new bearings, seals, shift fork pads and brass as needed. $900.00

Shipping is by way of Fedex and calculated by your ZIP code to a work address.

Thanks,
    Cliff Ramsdell
    '86 GLHS 210 Shelby Roll cage and Posi unit.
    http://www.members.aol.com/mopartek/home.html
    www.Mopartek.com

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: Hybrid Transmission Sale

I moved this to the Vendor Cornor for you since you fall under that category.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Great prices Cliff,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

What about A670 and A413's.
    I already have the obx and spacer and good belleville washers and shims,and the A670 is ground for clearance. I can get the NAN torque converter myself.

I didn't include automatics, just like the past because of the different configurations needed to cover everybodys needs.

Email me at Mopartek@aol.com with what you have, what you need and what you application is and we can go from there.

Cliff Ramsdell

Quote Originally Posted by looneytuner View Post
    What about A670 and A413's.
    I already have the obx and spacer and good belleville washers and shims,and the A670 is ground for clearance. I can get the NAN torque converter myself.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Hybrid Transmission Sales

Can a 413 be broken down into no more than 70 lb pieces for mailing USPS?

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

You wont be able to ship that USPS. If you stick it in a rubbermaid container and then drill holes every 5 inches and run zip ties to keep the edges secure, then you can ship the tranny w/o a TQ for about $120 thru UPS/Fedex. IN addition, you will need to pack the case with foam on the inside.

See this thread about shipping trannies... I have pictures about how to pack it.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4836

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

The reason I asked is that I am at a military base overseas and UPS/Fedex won't deliver here. USPS will take up to 70 lbs. Is it possible to break down a 413 trans into no more than 70 lb. packages?

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    The reason I asked is that I am at a military base overseas and UPS/Fedex won't deliver here. USPS will take up to 70 lbs. Is it possible to break down a 413 trans into no more than 70 lb. packages?
    I would say yes, if you gut it, the case doesn't weigh that much and neither do the internals seperately but then the whole point of getting it built is, well, its assembled,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Very true, but when you're way out in left field like I am your options are limited. I'd love to have a custom built short block Fedexed to my door like you guys can do but I have to make everything happen right here in my tiny one-car European garage.

Exhibit A, the elaborate work shop and pace van:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2525.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	2426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2527.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	2427  

these are fantastic transmissions.....i just picked up my second 525/555 from Cliff the other nite, going to store it for a spare just in case Cliff hits the lottery and retires.

if you're running any kind of an L-body, the 525/555 has to be top of your list of improvements.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Ah, you must have beat me to the A525/A555! I got the A523/A568 instead since it was taken. Should be here next week from the sounds of it. This is the second one this year I've bought from him. The first one is in my R/T and has about 5k miles and has been wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Exhibit A, the elaborate work shop and pace van:

Dude, tons of room,