Thread: Wtb: Mopar performance computer

Mitsu booster

Wtb: Mopar performance computer

I've swapped a Turbo 2.2 w/an intercooler into my Rampage and need to source a newer ECU. Looking for the following part numbers, I can make any of them work:

P4529869
    P4529870
    P4529872

Hoping somebody out there has a known good one! Feel free to PM if you've got one. Thanks.

PM

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Wtb: Mopar performance computer

Are those logic modules?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLSist View Post
    I've swapped a Turbo 2.2 w/an intercooler into my Rampage and need to source a newer ECU. Looking for the following part numbers, I can make any of them work:

P4529869 1985 MP Turbo I (Old catalog # P4349743, P4532335)
    P4529870 1985 w/ DC Intercooler (Old Catalog #P4452119, P4452118)
    P4529872 1986 w/DC Intercooler (Old Catalog #P4452121, P4452120)

PM
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...cu_listing.pdf

The 1985 and 1986 logic modules do not interchange. You need an 85 for an 85 engine and an 86 for an 86 engine. You can make the 86 cal work on an 85, but we'll save that for another thread.
    The DC intercooler cal is basically the same as the regular performance cal. One thing that the DC cal does that the regular performance cal does not is swap the firing order of the injectors. You can do that manually by swapping the position of the light brown and dark brown wires on the injector harness. I'm running my DC intercooler GLH this way and using a FWD Performance stage 2 cal.

I have the 86 DC logic module (P4529872) and a couple socketed 86 logic modules with the 86 Mopar Performance cal. (P4529871).

Personally, I don't like the MP/DC cal. I tested several at the drag strip and ran my best time with the FWD cal. The car ran smoother with the FWD cal and didn't run as rich at idle. The MP computers were all the same part number, but no two ran the same. I noticed that with the GLHS computers too.
    Last edited by ajakeski; 02-26-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mitsu booster

My drive train is from a 1985 Shelby charger. It’s still a draw through throttle body, with a factory intercooler in the loop. The turbo is Mike DeMoss over at Forward Motion's "Enforcer 1" model which has a 41 lb compressor wheel and clipped turbine wheel.

I've obviously also gone with a shelby charger front end, and scored/freshened up a set of fiberrides to go with it.

Mike tells me a P4529869 or 870 logic module would be ideal & a significant upgrade, performance-wise, over what I'm running now. I'm interested if you have a 71 you can sell me, as I think this would work (I'm told I'll have to swap distributors, which I'm open to doing.)

I don't have the 85 logic modules. I do have these 86 logic modules:

P4532327 Mopar Performance Turbo I w/o DC Intercooler. This number was superseded to P4529871 SOLD, but I can burn the cal and put it in a socketed module.

P4452120 Mopar Performance w/ DC intercooler. This number was superseded to P4529872

You can look them up here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...cu_listing.pdf

$75 each plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6728.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	62227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6727.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	62228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6726.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	62229  
    Last edited by ajakeski; 03-08-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

there is also the option of swapping to an 86+ distributor and repinning a few pins on the logic module connectors to run a socketed 87 computer and dial it in to your exact setup yourself. (free software, a moates.net burn 2 chip burner, 27sf512 chips and a socketed ecu required, not super expensive stuff)

the turbonator LM custom ecu code has provisions for the cylinder 3/4 enrichment from the earlier code that you need to account for.

rampage looks really good. nice job.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Is there an 87 Turbo I cal template? I thought about converting my GLH to,87 TI but couldn’t find an MP Tune template.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you know, there isnt a T1 template.

i was thinking of this project when i posted about him possibly doing his own calibration.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...charger/page12

i know rob added stuff to the Turbonator-LM cals to add back in the injector bank enrichment from the old cals.

i wonder if someone could make a .tpl from the 87 T1 with the appropriate 85 DC intercooled cal tables copied in.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Me and Morris had discussed disassembling a T1 code, but there wasn't much interest at the time. Most everybody ends up swapping to GLHS or 87 T2, including the car I was going to use as a test bed. (who has now changed his mind and decided to stay T1 log again ).

But, we can put it back on the table if there's enough people wanting it.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD