Thread: Need help

Mitsu booster

Need help

I just bought an SRT4 caliber and if you get on it easy it does good but when you're on it hard then the boost gauge jumps to 20 psi and it cuts in and out so I think it's overboosting what could be the problem? What would it take to fix it?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by neon9; 02-22-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Need help

going over the vacuum harness and solenoids to make sure they are hooked up correctly for ECU controller boost.

also hook low air pressure up to the wastegate actuator and see what pressure it takes to get the wastegate actuator to open the wastegate.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

That's where I'd start.

turbo addict

You need to pull the spark plugs and check gap. I always have to gap my plugs on my CSRT4 at .025-.028 or it blows the spark out
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I'd try to find out for sure if it's a stock cal or Mopar Performance S1 or something else first. Also check if a previous owner did a solenoid delete or something stupid like that. I have the Mopar Performance Stage 1 cal on mine and hits 16 psi and stays solid. Well.....with the traction control button turned off anyway. It's fun but it spins hard through 2nd gear and a bit of 3rd. Someday I will get around to modding this car....I have a tub full of aftermarket performance parts I've nearly forgotten I had!