Roadkill is filming their $3K Hooptie challenge in Tucson at SIR March 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I entered my van and made the cut! Here's my invite:

"Hello AJ!

You are officially invited to bring your 1988 Dodge Caravan – Truck and Van Madness Class - to Roadkill’s $3K Hooptie Challenge drag race on March 2-3 at Tucson Dragway in Arizona! At the event, your car will be judged by our hosts David Freiburger and Brian Lohnes and might be included in our competition and in our new video series. Keep in mind this is not a guarantee that you will be able to race or be in the video show, but we will pay $250 to every invited car that shows up and stays with us until released. If you are chosen to race, you could get $3,000 to win your class and another $3,000 if you win overall!"

I've been to their Zip-tie drags the past two times they've had it in Tucson. I've raced my van and got a great reaction from the fans. It'll be interesting to see what the hosts think of it. The only problem is because of the higher elevation I run slower in Tucson, by like .8 of a second. Hopefully I can at least keep it in the 12's. I also have to devise a mister system for my slicks. I can never get enough water on them to do a proper burn out which makes for a crappy launch.