I'm helping a friend with a 2.4 swap in his rampage. We went with the cam mounted distributor setup and used the 2.4 t-smec tpl file from Rob's collection (thanks Rob!). The engine fired right up and idles fine with good a/f ratio. It also revs fine in neutral and everything looks and sounds good. However, as soon as you put it in drive and give it any throttle, it feels like the engine is hitting rev limit cutout.

He's running an auto with a 3500 stall converter, so the car barely moves because it's hitting cutout right around 3000 rpm. However, this is a twin engine rampage, so we were able to used the front engine (2.2 T2 motor that runs great) to get it up to speed and around 25-30 mph, the cutout issue seems to go away on the 2.4 motor and it runs smooth.

When I set up the cal, I tried to turn all of the special items (launch control, check engine flash, etc.) off just to keep it simple. I just looked through the cal and launch control definitely seems to be turned off, but maybe I'm missing something. Has anyone run that 2.4 t-smec cal with success? I thought A.J. was running it in his 2.4 van, but I just looked through a ton of threads and can't seem to find any place where he talks about that cal.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Jon