Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Budget Limited Slip Differentials

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: New Budget Limited Slip Differentials

What unit is it modeled on? Sounds like the OBX, though I suppose you could have used a Quaife or Peloquin as the basis...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Target price will be somewhere between $650. and $750. Keep in mind our initial 30 piece order is no where near the manufacturing volume of OBX. We hope our volume level and application models will increase in the future to bring the price down.

Chris-TU
    Considering the price for an upgraded OBX (new washers, deburred and cleaned), you're really not far off. More than fair if you ask me, especially with your up-front investment in both money and effort.

Just make sure them pesky gears are cut in the right direction : http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...SD-(long-post) I still wonder if that was just a BS quality oversight, or if it was done on purpose to squeak past patents.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Hybrid booster

Very nice pricing.

turbo addict

I would really make this work for the neon community, if anything just to get the pricing down (not that its bad). There is way more neon guys then us.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    I would really make this work for the neon community, if anything just to get the pricing down (not that its bad). There is way more neon guys then us.
    Agreed. There was equal panic expressed by the Neon guys when the OBX went away. Doesn't that application also work in some DSM's too?

It is pretty bad when we're talking about relying on the owners of 10-15 year old economy cars to buy performance parts in order to drive down the price of performance parts for our 25-35 year old economy cars, hahaha.
    Jon J.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymopar View Post
    Agreed. There was equal panic expressed by the Neon guys when the OBX went away. Doesn't that application also work in some DSM's too?

It is pretty bad when we're talking about relying on the owners of 10-15 year old economy cars to buy performance parts in order to drive down the price of performance parts for our 25-35 year old economy cars, hahaha.
    I don't see pricing coming down much from where it's at. The next discount level requires over 300 units to be purchased on the first order. I don't think we will reach that plateau even with the help of the Neon and Eclipse community.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

I'm down for one that's for sure, maybe 2.

boostaholic

This sounds like something I would want if compatible with my A555.

**UPDATE** IT'S A GO!!!!!

We decided to start with the 520/523 version since the demand will be higher keeping costs down. We will be taking pre-orders later this month.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

👍👍👍👍👍

turbo addict

Wooot!!!!

turbo addict

Will you be offering a spacer to use it in a auto?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    Will you be offering a spacer to use it in a auto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Yes, we plan on manufacturing the spacer for automatic applications as well.

Chris-TU

Jon J.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Where are these things going to be made ?

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Where are these things going to be made ?
    The most important reason for us to manufacture these units is to offer an affordable LSD option for the community. The OBX LSDs had an extremely good track record. We were only aware of 1 or 2 failures which is not bad for 1000's of units sold. From what we understood the failures were attributed to the customers installing the upgrade bolt/washer kit themselves without using Loctite and/or torquing the bolts properly. Because our new LSDs will already include the better washers and bolts it will not be necessary to service them. To add an extra layer of insurance we are currently working with the manufacturer to back them all up with a Lifetime Warranty.

We are confident that our new LSDs will endure all the abuse our cars can dish out. Due to all the reasons mentioned above we are comfortable having these LSDs manufactured at the same location as the OBXs. For those of you that are looking for something different there will always be the Quaife units that are still available on our website at a higher price point.

Hope that answers your question,

Chris-TU

Garrett booster

In for A555 model. I will definitely take one when they are available unless something else becomes available first *which I doubt*

Garrett booster

Hey Chris. How are these coming along? I am trying to get a 568 together, but so far unable to find a good intermediate shaft and ring gear. I have had offers for a 523 shaft but I do not have a differential. Anyway, I may be interested in the 523 diff if they will be available in the near future.

Thank you!
    Doug

They are supposed to be shipping a sample any day now. Been pushed back over and over. We are doing our best to be the squeaky wheel. Should know by next week.

Chris-TU

Garrett booster

No problem Chris. Thank you for all you do for the tm community! Thanks also for the 3" swingvalve

Samples have been completed and we anticipate arrival next week.

Thanks for everyone's patience,

Chris-TU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LSD Sample.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	62770
    Last edited by Chris W; 06-21-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast