Been trying since summer to get my 86 Daytona running. Seems like I have just had one issue after the next and a lot of bad luck. It all started with an idling issue which turned out to be a major vacuum problem. It overheated a few times, but didn't seem like it had done any damage to the head gasket. Got the vacuum problem resolved, car ran great but then started smoking after it ran for a while. Kept letting it idle but it didn't seem to overheat anymore - no water in the oil, and the coolant wasn't pressurizing. So I thought perhaps the turbo oil seal failed. Got a fresh rebuilt turbo, installed in it, car ran fine for about 20 minutes and started smoking again. Thinking that perhaps the head gasket had actually blown, I started taking it apart again until I pulled the intercooler piping from the turbo outlet and found a bunch of oil. I don't see how it could be anything else but the turbo unless it is sucking a lot of oil thru the PCV from the valve cover, but that doesn't seem to be a problem either. Is it possible to have too much oil going to the turbo?

I am totally stumped how to proceed from here. So some help would be most appreciated. Thanks.